Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury Bloody bedding???

jennlou21

Cavy Slave
My two boars are fighting in the cage a bit lately. Just got them last Sunday. I hear the whining and some wrestling around and it lasts for about 10 seconds. I changed their bedding last night to a white bedding. This morning some of the white bedding pieces look like the photo attached. Not sure if it's blood stained or just poop. I don't see any physical injury on either of them. Any advice??
[GuineaPigCages.com] Bloody bedding???

Is that carefresh? When I used white carefresh the dark brown pieces would be wear Ted weed, so my guess is it is just where they've been tinkling :)

In the pic, that is not bloody urine on the right.

Yes it is Carfresh but all white, no brown bedding in there. I'm just a nervous newbie owner I guess :) Don't know if I should seperate them or not. I bought a second cage just in case, but am hesitant to use it. Everything I read seems to say that it's a dominance thing and it may pass.

I wish I still used the white Carefresh so I could show you what happens to Teds wee. I don't think it's anything to worry about, plus I noticed if they wee over any poo then the poo tends to run into the wee. I was getting so worried finding these dark brown wees, yet when I watched him wee it would be normal, then one day I saw him pee over a poop and I could see it running into the wee.

Could be boar glue? or normal wee color?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.