Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Blah, blah.

CinnandMegsMom

Cavy Slave
Hi All;

Just have to share.

Saved up enough $$ to get my girls their first check up!

Went back through records and adopted Cinn March 26. Meg came two weeks later.

They look too well fed to me. So want to make sure everything is good.

Hurray! Both girls weigh 1.75 lbs. Aprox. 3 months old. Both in excellent health but a tad chubby. Less oranges, apples, and fruit in general. More greens. Vet is pleased, I'm happy she told me to keep up the good work. New pet check cost me 0.00. I love my vets office.

She did it free? That's impressive

Glad your piggies are doing well! Hope the check-up makes you feel like more of a confident piggie owner!

Congradulations on the good check up!

I suppose that is a pert of having the same vet office since 1992.
I was happy she asked alot of good questions. What is the housing? How do you feed? How much water and what kind? How often do you look them over? Cinn is going to be a bumble foot. I told vet about her one foot (healed now) but her dark hind foot is showing signs of roughness. The vet said if it is still there a day or two from now to put a little bit of vasoline on it. She told me less is more with cavies. Suggested that if it gets worse to call her.

Glad to hear that you are doing well! You might be able to bath Cinn, her paw might be dirty. That might make the paw rough.

Thank you to everyone who gave me a pat on the back. My girls mean the world to me and in reading all of the problems people have with their cavies just makes me worry that much more.
So...I want a second opinion. I trust my vet but I also trust the advice from my cavy friends.
Which is better for rough feet? Vasoline or 100% virgin coconut oil?

Hmm..Coconut oil is a good skin softener, but V is good for chapped lips..

Use the Coconut Oil.

Thank you to everyone who gave me a pat on the back.  My girls mean the world to me and in reading all of the problems people have with their cavies just makes me worry that much more.  <BR>So...I want a second opinion. I trust my vet but I also trust the advice from my cavy friends.<BR>Which is better for rough feet?  Vasoline or 100% virgin coconut oil?

Glad to hear that you are doing well! You might be able to bath Cinn, her paw might be dirty. That might make the paw rough.

It's a rough patch and not soiled. When the vet pointed it out to me I was ashamed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.