Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bird and cat toys

Sierra

Cavy Slave
Could someone give me a name or a link to any bird or cat toys on a store website they know are safe or have used them and their guinea pigs love them?

I just want to know so when I get my guinea pigs they will like their toys and I will get something that is safe for them.

Thanks!

I am in the process of making bird/guinea pig toys. As soon as I get my products going I'll leave the link if you're interested.

~~Cheri~~

I sure am interested!

oh, ccm, im interested too!

I think you would need to check each one individually. Pet stores sometimes lie. For example, by saying that wheels and balls are good for pigs.

Woo hoo!! Cha Ching!!!!!!!!! i totally didn't think that it would be such a big thing! lol I thought I would have trouble finding people to check out my site! lol

In that case I will tell you what I'm in the works with...along with cozies and other pig/small animal items, I will have bird safe toys that many of wich would be great for pigs too. Everything I make is going to be all natural and safe for birds to ingest (and pigs) so you don't have to worry about toxins and like dies and such. Give me a couple more weeks (probably sooner) and I'll have it up and ready!!

~~cheri~~

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Sierra said:
Could someone give me a name or a link to any bird or cat toys on a store website they know are safe or have used them and their guinea pigs love them?

I just want to know so when I get my guinea pigs they will like their toys and I will get something that is safe for them.

Thanks!
just make sure the toys are made from untreated wood, wont fall apart when the piggies bit them, and dont have string or anything else the piggie can get stuck on. also something to think about, i had a friend who used a bird toy with a bell, and the guinea pig's tooth broke off in the slits of the bell.

another thought is you may want to provide only guinea pig toys in the cage, and give them the other cat or bird toys when you can supervise them. at least that way you can be there if anything goes wrong.

CavyCrazyMom said:
I am in the process of making bird/guinea pig toys. As soon as I get my products going I'll leave the link if you're interested.

~~Cheri~~
i am also interested in this. please keep us updated.

Oh gosh, that's awful Starbucks! I've always thought that bells were a bad idea because of the choking hazard, but thank you for the additional warning!

Ya thats horrible!~! = (

aaaw, poor piggy.

the piggie was fine, it just needed to get to the vet to have the teeth trimmed down to an even length. but im sure it was traumatic for the poor guy.

no kidding... lol OUCH!

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of bells with the little hanging thing under it. I (for birds...NOT pigs) would only use the closed bells for my toys. But I will have seperate toys because not all toys will be pig AND bird friendly. I have heard of birds choking from the bells too. Also if any of you have birds, the ropes in their toys (if large enough) can get your birds claw stuck and it can chew off it's toe, or it can just break, or rip off the nail...a lot of things. So if you have those for your birds, please only let them play with them if suppervised. They are a bird favorite, but they are not always safe. So be careful. As with any toy for any animal.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.