Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Bigger cage questions

sewlittle

Cavy Slave
I would like to make another bigger cage to put my current cage on top of it so it would be a 3 level living area.

I was wondering how hard it is to clean a cage 3 by 5 or 3 by 6 grids?

my current cage will be modified when added to the top of the 3 x 6.

I was flirting with the idea of fleece and have all the supplies for it.
I wondered if those who have a 3 by something cage if the fleece(if used) is all one piece or 2 pieces?
On my current top level of cage which is a 1x6 U shaped, I was going to overlap the corners of the fleece(1x6 with the 1x2's on each end)
Does that sound feasible?
I'm a little hesitant about switching but all those that have fleece on here think it's better than sliced bread have swayed me to try it. But I wanted to wait till i figure out the configuration of the expansion before going to it.
thanks ahead for any advice for the larger first floor.

i expanded my 2x5 to a 3x5 for my 3 boys, hoping that a little extra room would ease the squabbling.

i'm not particularly happy with it. it gives the boys a little more room, but it is harder to clean. i can reach the back of a 2x anything cage, but the 3x5 i have to move to get to the back walls. fleece and coro were not so much the problem. i've found with fleece, that wherever it's short, i sew on a piece of color-matching solid fleece. i really wish my boys had been happy in their 2x5

Thanks Jacqueline for your response. I'm not expanding for squabbling though...my girls get along good together...i'm expanding because we're moving the cage to a different part of the house and i'm able to add on. I've wanted to do that for awhile but the room issue was always there..

After I build it...who knows i might change my mind! My son wants a third layer so that's why i'm trying to figure it out.
Do you have a current pic of your cage?

what a treat to actually have the room to expand! my tiny condo's walls are lined with cages! unfortunately, the only way i have to take pictures is with my phone, and i can't really capture the whole cage. but maybe i'll try and post some pieces of it. . .

good luck - make sure YOU post pig-tures when you expand!!

so, sorry it took so long, but i did want to post a picture of my 3x5. sorry it's a little blurry - the only camera i have is on my phone. how is your cage coming along?

[GuineaPigCages.com] Bigger cage questions

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.