Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Teeth beware zip ties

GuineaLydia

Cavy Slave
Today I had Lydia and Luna out to play. I noticed Lydia chewing on something, come to find out she had a zip tie (the sqaure part) stuck in her teeth! She must have chewed it off of the cage :( She has no injury but it scared me badly. always be very cautious as to where you place zip ties.

Do you have a coroplast base or do your grids extend all the way to the ground?

Coroplast. I don't know how she even managed to get ahold of it.

How tall is your coroplast? I tighten my zip ties so the long piece extended out on the outside. I cut the long piece off. I think mine were the 8mm ones. I just checked my cage and my zip ties are on the bottom of the grids and close to the top so they're about 13" off the ground. I don't think they could reach them if they tried.

I cut all my zip ties off as short as possible, because I know my two would have a chew-fest with them.

I'm scared to even use zipties now! All thats holding my cage together is the connectors since I snipped all the zip ties just in case. Maybe i'll put some on the very bottom later tonight. /:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.