Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Bella just had her baby

britgal98579

Cavy Slave
It was last week for sure I knew she had to be pregnant. I missed the birth by 10 minutes!! My kids and husband called me on the way home from work. I was hoping to make it in time to see another one being born but she delivered and that was 25 minutes ago? Could there just be one? How far apart can they deliver and the baby seems to be breathing a little heavy. She is moving but not up walking yet and mom is doing well!

I wanna see pigtures! I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your questions. I am sure someone with more experience with this will come along soon. Congrats!

Baby is now up and moving around! I felt Bellas belly and I don't think there are anymore. When we got her we were told there could be a possibility she was pregnant. Now to figure out if baby is female or male! I'll try post a picture in a few minutes.

awww Cant wait to see the baby

[GuineaPigCages.com] Bella just had her baby

Sorry it's hard to get a good picture of her being mostly black! Or him;)

[GuineaPigCages.com] Bella just had her baby
Sorry I am having a hard time adding them to the same post and getting them turned the right way![GuineaPigCages.com] Bella just had her babyBella taking care of her baby:)

Last edited:
So sweet! Yes, they can have just a single baby. We had two girls 5 years back, one came to us already pregnant at 6wks old. It was our first "real" experience with guinea pigs and we didn't know enough to know that she was getting big because she was pregnant. I came home and went to clean out the cage one day to discover not two...but three piggies in there. I had a moment of panic, and checked everyone's "downstairs" to discover that not only were our two original piggies definitely girls but the baby was a girl as well.

wow bella looks like a baby herself.

oh goodness. so stinkin cute!

Congrats to Bella! Wow, babies are so cute!

Congrats! I'm glad everything went well.

@Black LOL. Triple post?

Congrats on the new baby! Hope you're able to figure out the gender. You think you'll be keeping it?

Boofp~ Bella is young. When we got her we were told she was not quite a year. They thought 9-10 months old. That would make her only a year old and her first baby. I am happy that it was only one. She is doing great and such a wonderful mommy:)

We believe that she is a girl. I checked cavyspirit on how to tell and from the pictures we are almost certain she is a girl, but I want to make sure. If she is a girl , we have decided to keep her. As much as I would like to keep if it is a male, it is to risky with 4 children at home that when my back is turned an oops might happen if one of the younger one's ends up getting them all out. I don't need two pregnant females!

I had the same thing happen this past Friday. We are new pig owners. My son calls me and says "Smokey has a baby" I didn't believe me. Once I saw that he was in fact right....I stood there in shock for quite a few minutes. I thought she was a baby herself. I was originally going to get a second to keep her company and I was going to build a c&c. But now I'm just waiting to see if it's a boy or girl. I can't seem to get a good look as it wiggles too much when I try to look. Anyone know how long before you can tell the sex? I'm really hoping it's a girl. I feel so bad to separate them...especially since she only had one.

I am in WA too, are you planning to keep her? If not, SHES MINE! Muahahahahaha *cue evil laughter and thunder*

Just kidding lol she's so cute!

the baby is so cute :) I hope you get to keep her (hopefully) :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.