Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Behavior problems

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Ever since Chewie died the four sows have been fighting every night. I am always finding Snowflake next to Candy who much be the one screaming, the reason I am coming into the dinning room. It is always in the evening, after the lights get turned off about 9:30pm. Snicker is in the back chewing away pissed off. Doodle is hidden. Candy and Chewy were bonded and the other three were together but never seemed bonded. Snicker is Doodle's mother, I adopted them together. Should I give it more time or redo the cage and more Doodle with Candy and see if they Bond now. Candy has been terrorized for about a 4 days now.

Nickthestick

Cavy Slave
I don't have any experience with this as i only have 1 and never had any before. But i think you should watch for a few minutes or put a camera in view to see what's going on and who it is because it might be them trying to be dominant or it could be that chewie kept the peace so now they don't know what to do. But either way i think your best bet would be to see exactly what is happening before you turn the light on and check on them making sure no one has cuts or anything

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
What's the possibility that the dominant one has ovarian cysts?

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
What's the possibility that the dominant one has ovarian cysts?

That is always a possibility but its calmed down now. No screaming for 3 days. I should have just gave it time. I always worry too much with them when they fight because I feel so bad for the one they pick on.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Probably one or both were in heat.