Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding bedding question

missy1971

Cavy Slave
ok so I havent found any threads to answer my question. How is fleece better then care fresh or other bedding?? I want to know how you use it and is the fleece absorbant enough to absorb the urine???? How many times do you have to change the fleece??? And isnt it just easier with spot cleaning bedding and cleaning everything out once a week?? I just want to know how it works (the fleece) I'm not saying one is better then the other :eek:
Thanks

Fleece is not absorbent at all. It wicks the moisture of the urine down the absorbent layer beneath, towels, puppy pads, ect. You wash the fleece and whatever else you're using once a week. With big cages it's much easier to just ball up and toss everything in the wash once a week, as opposed to shoveling out shavings once a week. You do have to sweep, or vacuum up poos and hay once a day, but that's just as easy as spot cleaning.

ok thanks. I'm still undecided. LOL

I'm a big fan of fleece and would never go back to any other kind of bedding. In the past when I've used other types of bedding (usually wood shavings) when I would clean the cage, they would be everywhere. Fleece is so much neater, softer for the piggies and a lot cheaper in the end. I do use wood shavings in the litterbox/hay loft area but for the rest of the cage, fleece is the best!! Of course a big consideration is if you have your own washer and dryer. If I didn't, fleece might be a little less attractive an option.

Using fleece is saving me $45 dollars a month!!

Using fleece is saving me $45 dollars a month!!
About the same savings for me, but I just switched over this week. :D I kind of messed up a little putting it in this time but will be fixing it over the weekend. It is serviceable just doesn't look pretty teehehe.

Carefresh would cost me 150 a month for my cages. Even ordering premade cage liners from bedding markers will run me less. I make my own personal liners and it cost me 160 to make 2 liners for 4 cages. Now almost a year later (I used fleece and towels up until last year then switched to uhaul) I have saved so much money. My husband is very thankful for that. It also makes it easier to put money where its needed, like vet bills.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.