Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece bedding other ideas

cherrytop108

Cavy Slave
Okay i wanna know other ideas--other than sewing a mattress pad to a piece of fleece-i am tight on money and dont feel like i should spend anymore money at the moment so any other ideas or stuff u use instead of mattress pads?towels, blankets, and/or ect.. Also tell me what order like:1st fleece 2ndtowel and so on.

wheekers01

Cavy Slave
I use 2-3 layers of towels and it works great for me. Wash fleece 3-4 times without softener. This helps wick the urine towards the underneath, where you have put your absorbent layer. Don't use newspaper, it doesn't work and just sticks to the towels during clean-up. So fleece on top, then 3 layers of towels. You can get them for cheap at Goodwill or other places like that. Read the Fleece Study in the bedding forum.

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
I am currently using fleece sewed to a mattress pad but my girls just can't seem to refrain from turning it into a tunnel the little borrowers. I did try however wrapping the fleece around 2 layers of towels they didn't turn it into tunnels. I am going to to be making new cages and I was wordering how many towels would I need for a 2x4 cage if I want 2 layers with each towel folded in half?

And about how much should I spend for towels at a thrift store?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
cherrytop108- you've been told on more than one occasion to use proper capitalization and to stop using chat speak on the forum. You need to start heeding these directives or find yourself cavy caged. Either you aren't reading your private messages or are ignoring them. Ignoring moderator directives no matter the reason results in us having to give you a public warning which you are now getting.

You also need to start posting things in the proper forums. You seem to like to put everything in the "online chat" forum which is a forum for asking questions related to our chat room and not guinea pigs. Read this thread and learn where to put your questions. https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...-you-will-know-where-post-your-questions.html

cherrytop108

Cavy Slave
I am sorry--you dont understand i am really confused...and i know that if i am confused than i shouldnt post but i had a question---soooo sorry i will try harder!

guineapig14

Cavy Slave
Maybe just use towels if you are tight on money it works fine just put newspaper underneath the towels, and don't feel bad people need to help you, so you will know what to do!

Last edited:

angiekay

Cavy Slave
I was going to make another thread regarding this same idea, although she's saying she doesn't want to spend the money on the mattress pad sewn to the fleece, I am considering doing that, as it would be much easier having the fleece, towels and maybe a mattress pad also all attached in one piece. I have a local semtress that I could take them to, she's really reasonable on prices, so I'm sure it wouldn't cost that much. Yes, I have seen the "guinea pig bed spreads" and they are very pricey, same idea, but would like to have them made myself. I buy my fleeces from my local Big Lots 50" X 60" for $4.

Having said that, what are your suggestions on the order as she was saying? Fleece, towels, then mattress pad? Or would fleece, 2 layers of towels be sufficient? These layers being sewn together.

Thanks in advance for the help!:)

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.