Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage bedding idea help...

Cedesm16

Cavy Slave
for the bedding of my new cube cage I don't wanna use coroplast, so I was thinking a blanket underneath most of it and a special part that has bedding with some houses and a litter box. Would they use the bedding to potty and the blanket to stay clean mostly? Help pleasee

Coroplast is not a bedding, it is a water proofing bottom that goes under the bedding, so that nothing can get through to the carpet. You can also use a shower curtain or table cloth, however make sure they can't chew on them. For the "Blanket underneath" You can use fleece with Towels or U-Haul pads under it, so that all liquids will go through the fleece to what's underneath to keep piggy feet dry. Some people (Such as me) Will have a part of the cage with litter. Pigs tend to go to the bathroom where they eat and sleep, so if you have bedding where their hay is, and also where they like to go to sleep, that is where they will go to the bathroom most. I have my cage set up to the point where they don't go to the bathroom on the fleece at all, however that's hard to do, so for others I recommend you make sure you have a water proofing something underneath such as the above mentioned or Coroplast.

Would they use the bedding to potty and the blanket to stay clean mostly?

It depends on your pigs. Maybe, maybe not. You can put a litter box in the areas where they pee and poop the most, and catch a lot of it. But they will pee and poop in other areas, so it's not possible to keep a completely clean cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.