Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Forages Banana Leaves?

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Mooshy is quite enjoying her corn husks right of the freezer on these hot days we are having here in Cali. I saw a gp vid where one is eating banana leaf. I assume this is fine to give like the husks?

Shieme

Cavy Slave
I didn't think any frozen food was good for guinea pigs. And corn products was bad too. But I'm new to this whole, "give piggies veggies every day". Can wait till this is updated.

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I didn't think any frozen food was good for guinea pigs. And corn products was bad too. But I'm new to this whole, "give piggies veggies every day". Can wait till this is updated.

Corn husks are fine as treats. I have a thread on it. Frozen fruits and veggies aren't good. Corn husks (not the corn) are fine. We had the question of whether they would freeze well and I did the experiment and yes it does. I create individual servings, which isn't a whole leaf but a few, from each leaf and use Trader Joe's fruit and veggie wash to wash them. Pat dry and place in zip freezer bags. Has fiber and is a cold treat during these hot days. This is a treat so I give a couple strands a day, not a whole lot as hay is the most important thing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.