Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bad guinea pig owners

my_oreo_cookie

Cavy Slave
There are these people down the street, (one of them is my best friend) so, yeah. They're taking care of these other peoples guinea pigs. A mom, a baby, and a dad. They are all three in the same cage, might i add a large pet-store cage. Way too small.The mom is pregnant AGAIN because the owners are not separating (sp?) the male from the cage, and now the baby is possibly pregnant. Since this was an emergency, and the mom is HOURS (ok maybe days) away from giving birth, I had to take over my emergency pet store cage to put the male in. The owners of the pigs are very irresponsible, and my best friends family were NOT telling them otherwise except for to seperate the male, which is DUH obvious. But i can't say anything because of the whole church thingy going on with them and it will give my family a bad name with EVERYONE in that church probably. And they don't want to give away the male because their kids apparantly "they whine and it would be so heartbreaking for the kids to lose a guinea pig" The kids get everything they want from whining and crying. They only handle the baby and the mom. They hardly EVER handle the dad because of his big (how should i put this) genitals. So he hardly gets to get out, and the other ones are constantly in the kids arms and they DON'T get any floor time. I got so mad today i SO badly wanted to take those guinea pigs and put them in my house as hostage until the owners got a BIG C&C cage to properly seperate the females from the males. Any advice?

Last edited:
Are the cages always dirty? Are the guinea pigs on a healthy diet? If they were neglected (cages dirty, kids handling them roughly)/ abused, you could report them to the Humane Society or something.

Print them out pages of CavySpirit's breeding pages and Guinealynxs. Print them out the page to this site. Give it to them anomously(sp), put it in their male box or something. Tell them that you can report them and have their piggies taken away, by letter, make sure it's typed so they can't see any handwriting. If the pigs are in bad condition, you NEED to do something about it.

Also, did you sex the baby?

yup, the baby is a female, and IS old enough to get pregnant. I read in a manual for birthing guinea pigs that you aren't supposed to handle pregnant pigs, and she has been handled A LOT. As far as i know, the rest is all fine, its not like they are neglected and uncared for, i think they have TOO much attention and grabbing hands, and noise all around them.

They shouldn't be handling her that much. It could result in dead babies. And if the baby is old enough(4 weeks+) they will have to give her special care too. Do they give them hay, alfalfa hay(for young one and mother), good quality pellets?

I would give them care sheets and links to this site (But if you do, ask one of the mods to possible delete this thread so they can't accidentally find it, if you are scared they might), but don't reveal who you are. If you want, I can give you the manual that I made up (CavyCages and GuineaLynx credited because I got the info from there, I just added some things and arranged it) and a veggie list that you can pop in their mailbox inside one of those big envelopes.

There is no possible way to do things anonamously(sp) because everyone is so "tight" in their church. They would find out. I know it sounds possible that i could, but its not. but could you give me the manual? That would be great.

If you get that manual give it to them saying "I found this great manual on piggies it gave me a lot information why dont you try and read it." Do this in a very polite voice and it shouldn't offend them.

Thats bad. How many times has this happened?

Okay, I'm going to send it to your email... If you have your email in your profile..

I don't know how many times it's happened. I'll try what you said amfeider. Thanks you guys

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.