Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bad Guinea Pig Info site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wodentoad

Cavy Slave
I was looking for information on breeds to identify my Zane a little better, when I came across this (Link removed as it contains info on breeding)site. Atrocious. I could not find contact info for the webmaster or the company, but the amount of wrong info particularly in the housing section was simply appalling. I know we were talking in another thread about outdated info, but this is so outdated, my great grandmother--godresthersoul--would know better than to trust it. Wild Guineas reaching a meter in length? I can't say for sure if that's true or ever was, but seemed irrelevant to their site.

Grrrrrrr. Makes me want to take them by the shoulders and shake them!

Last edited by a moderator:

SFailed186

Cavy Slave
What site was it?

Wodentoad

Cavy Slave
Hyper linked it in the first post but I will post it to make it easier to find.

(Link removed as it contains info on breeding)

Please enjoy. *Harumph!*:grumpy:

Last edited by a moderator:

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Oh, great, now I'm going to be having flashbacks all night to a great scene from The Princess Bride. "Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist." - (Westley, right before being attacked by a R.O.U.S.)

Wodentoad

Cavy Slave
Oh, great, now I'm going to be having flashbacks all night to a great scene from The Princess Bride. "Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist." - (Westley, right before being attacked by a R.O.U.S.)

Cuuuuuurrrrse Yooooooouuuu!!!!!!! Now *I*'m going to be thinking of it! lol

trump_cinnamon

Cavy Slave
I loved that movie! "No, he's only mostly dead." Or my personal favorite, "INCONCEIVABLE!" "You keep saying that word, I don't think it means what you think it means...."

lol
Now I will have quotes from that movie running through my head for days...

Wodentoad

Cavy Slave
"He said 'to blathe,' which everyone knows means to Bluff!"
"LIAR! Liaaaaar! He said 'True Love!' Ever since Prince Humperdink fired him his confidence is shattered."
"Bah! Don't say that name!"
"Humperdink! Humperding Humperdink HUMPERDIIIIIIINK!"
"Get away from me you Witch!"
"I'm not a WITCH, I'm your WIFE! And after what you said today, I don't know if I want to be THAT anymore!"

Thanks, Princess Bride fans. I needed the laugh this evening. Now, anyone want to stick some bad info giving dorks into the life-sucking machine?

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Man, too much bad stuff - talks about a good age for breeding, talks about housing outdoors. Sounded like an online version of those outdated books they sell in pet stores.

As for "Princess Bride", y'all got me thinking about it, so here ya go:

"No more rhyming now, I mean it!"
"Anybody want a peanut?"
----------
"But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me."

Tee hee, I love the "battle of wits" scene. But all I keep thinking when I see Vizzini is that he played Mindy's father on Mork and Mindy.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I had to remove the links because the site does have info on breeding.

Unfortunately, this isn't the only site out there with bad care info, there are dozens of others just like it.

Wodentoad

Cavy Slave
Ly, that's totally cool with me and thanks for that. I think my brain erased the amount of breeding info they had, else I would not have linked it.

Would it be acceptable to put a quote of the poor advice given with a re-iteration that it is stupid poor advice? That way the thread still makes sense.

Pulsepoint129

Cavy Slave
Chris Sarandon = HOT.

Since you were on the fleeting subject of Princess Bride. :D

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Would it be acceptable to put a quote of the poor advice given with a re-iteration that it is stupid poor advice? That way the thread still makes sense.
Ly of course may have a different opinion, but I really don't see a reason to. Many of us know there are a variety of really bad sites giving really bad advice. Posting them here, either as links or as text from the webpage serves no purpose other than to infuriate those of us who know better and give the other webpage an audience.

The best thing to do would be to find the contact information for the person who runs the page and politely point out why the information is bad/wrong; or, if it's a site where you can post a review, post why the information is problematic.

Wodentoad

Cavy Slave
Cool, got it, Thanks!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
Ly of course may have a different opinion, but I really don't see a reason to. Many of us know there are a variety of really bad sites giving really bad advice. Posting them here, either as links or as text from the webpage serves no purpose other than to infuriate those of us who know better and give the other webpage an audience.

The best thing to do would be to find the contact information for the person who runs the page and politely point out why the information is bad/wrong; or, if it's a site where you can post a review, post why the information is problematic.

I am of the same opinion.

Wodentoad

Cavy Slave
I totally agree with that, and I will continue to search the site for contact info. Let us now return to our regularly scheduled move: The Princess Bride, already in progress.

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
"I'm not left handed either!"

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
"Humperdink! Humperdink! Humperdink!"

"Aaasss yooouuuu wiiiisshhh"
"Oh my dear Wesley, what have I done?"

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
"Do you want me to send you back to where you were before? Unemployed? In GREENLAND?"

"Mawage. . ."

"Rest well, and dream of large women."

Wodentoad

Cavy Slave
My name is Inigo Montoya...

"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous of which is never get involved in a land war in Asia. But slightly less famous is never go up against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!"

"You are using Bonetti's Defense against me, ah?"
"I thought it fitting considering the rocky terrain."
"Naturally, you must suspect me to attack with Capa Ferro?"
"Naturally... but I find that Thibault cancels out Capa Ferro. Don't you?"
"Unless the enemy has studied his Agrippa... which I have."

Because of this I just watched the movie again. This is way better than what the thread started on.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
This thread is now totally off topic and that's something we don't like to see happen in threads. I'm sorry but I am gonna have to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.