Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fur Baby Piggies Have Odd Hair Part On Head

Izzy Arnold

Cavy Slave
I am not sure how well you can see it in the picture but my baby pigs have hair on the top of their heads that parts in the center and lay outwards. Their mother (and all the other pigs I have seen) have hair on top of their head that does not have a part (little bald patch, almost) and instead is full and is brushed back and blends with the rest of their fur.

Is this normal? Should I be concerned? Will it eventually slick itself back?

If you need any clarification, I am happy to give it. i found it hard to explain this. :p

Aw. What cuties! Nothing to worry about they are just crested guinea pigs.

Crested Guinea Pig

They're just crested piggies :). I have a crested piggy and I think they're the cutest! So yes, the hair will stay like that.

Whew. Worked myself up over nothing. :) Thanks for the feedback!

Baby Piggies Have Odd Hair Part On Head
nope, nothing is wrong with the pattern on their head! we have very stylish piggies (;

My piggie has the exact same! It makes them even cuter!

Cresteds are known as the royalty of guinea pigs because they have "crowns" on their heads. Long haired cresteds are called coronets.

Aww! Your babies are so cute! I think you are an awesome piggie parent for coming on here and asking. It shows that you really care about your piggies :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.