Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables Baby carrots vs carrot chips

allison326

Cavy Slave
I've been purchasing baby carrots for my little love but recently switched to carrot chips. I'm wondering though if one baby carrot is equivalent to one carrot chip. I don't want to over feed my little guy. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I guess you could weigh them to find out. As you know, carrots are pretty high in sugar and so giving just one chip a day would probably be best.

Equivalent how? The chips certainly won't have the vitamins that the fresh carrots do, and will likely have more concentrated sugars.

I assumed the OP meant the fresh carrots cut in wavy pattern? They are sold in bags like baby carrots in my store.

Good catch, Duffinvt. I was assuming dried carrot chips.

I'm sorry, I should have specified. There are fresh carrots cut into chip like pieces. He looks adorable eating his chip.

Unless they've got the tops attached and are truly very young carrots, baby carrots are just big carrots milled to look like baby ones. If you want to know what's equivalent, dice the baby carrot into a measuring cup, then dice enough chips to get the same amount of carrot.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.