Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Awesome Meadow Hay Supplier Found

• Thread starter monkeynthechimp
  • Start date

monkeynthechimp

Cavy Slave
I have been buying Oxbow, 5kg Box of hay for my pigs. Best price i've found is $89. It is almost impossible to find fresh GREEN grass hay where I live. I have tried many different suppliers and sources, they are all brown, or sharp and splintery, or full of lucerne.

So I tried ordering from The Small Animal Boarding Place - Home 5kg of meadow grass hay. It arrived today, took 5 days to ship.

I nearly passed out at the amazing smell as i opened the post pack, and it is very green. Not as green as Oxbow... but definitely acceptable!

I just have to sell the piggers on it! hehehe

Even with shipping, the whole order only cost $36 delivered to my door. Definitely worth it! If you lived closer to them shipping is even cheaper, I'm outside of metro areas here...

monkeynthechimp

Cavy Slave
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360292159077646
Here's a pic. I haven't even opened it up yet! I got so excited I had to share! Heheh

jubespiggies

Cavy Slave
I use Bunny Wonderland as well and my pigs absolutely love it! The only vague problem is that sometimes there are bindis (the nasty prickly things) and i've sometimes had a few rocks in it, but other then that, i absolutely love it. :)

fuzzywuzzy

Cavy Slave
guineapigsaustralia.com also sells meadow hay at a reasonable price, although it's a bit more expensive compared to Bunny Wonderland I think.

Cavy Treenie

Cavy Slave
No offense or anything meant here, but it looks kind of brown. My kaytee hay is always green. Hmm? Maybe it's just because we live in different areas.

monkeynthechimp

Cavy Slave
It's not as green as oxbow. I've never seen the kaytee brand in Australia.
But it is probably 70-80% green. The bag is an opaque plastic so it doesn't show as clearly is suppose.

ZiggyStardust

Cavy Slave
I've been buying fantastic Meadow Rye hay from a seller on ebay, 80% green and 2.5kg for $10 + shipping. I just logged on to see who I buy it off and it turns out it's bunny wonderland :p All I know is I've never found anything suss in it, it's quite green and my piggies have always loved it.

grace&piggies

Cavy Slave
I've been getting hay from guineapigsaustralia but I'll give Bunny Wonderland a go!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.