Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Awesome hay bin and hidey in one!

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
Hey guys!
So I found this bin at Dollar Tree recently and I've returned on multiple occasions to get more!
What's so awesome about these is that they can be used right side up as a hay rack or lounger/throne if you put fleece in it, or when you flip it upside down it is a PERFECT hidey!
It gets even better. I just found out that if you get two bins and flip the solid plastic handles inward towards the bin, they work as rests to hold another bin right on top! There's an indentation in the bottom of each bin so they can fit into each other. I am going to set up a hidey/hay rack when I get some super-glue and can glue one on top of the other. The top bin will function as a hay rack and the bottom will be a cozy hidey. She has already decided she lives the under-hay rack hidey, but it's not secure enough without glue and zip ties securing them together and to the cage walls.

Oh, and did I mention they're only a dollar!? :D
[GuineaPigCages.com] Awesome hay bin and hidey in one!
Since I did a crap job of explaining the hidey/hay bin thing, I made a video. My roommates are asleep so I don't want to talk and wake them up, so I hope you can understand without commentary.
It's pretty straight forward :)
I think these are awesome, so let me know if they're unsuitable for piggies!
Thanks!

WARNING: Possibly loud video!
[video]https://tinypic.com/r/2qu6v12/5[/video]

Thats an awesome find Going to see if I can find me some of those. thanks

I have something similar for my hay but the sides are slatted. It's funny, although my pigs do love to hop right in and eat the hay, they almost seem to prefer going around to the sides or back of it and pulling the hay through the slats. No idea why, maybe they appreciate working for their food Haha.

Watched your video, mine are the stacking type as well but you got the better deal at $1. The music in your video was hypnotic LOL

Awesome! I wonder if my dollar tree will have them. =D

I have those too!!! I got mine at the dollar bins in Target, tho', and paid $2.50. :-(.

[GuineaPigCages.com] Awesome hay bin and hidey in one!
Here's yet another use for these fantastic little bits. I just took some fleece and secured it on the bin with two elastic headbands. I want to try to make a little cover for these, one that has elastic around the outside like a fitted sheet, so it'll stay on there on it's own :)

Sorry for her demon eyes, that's what's the flash does.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.