Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ate a Ribbon!

_Luck_

Cavy Slave
Hi guys. I put a Christmas bell in the piggy's cage, about the size of a ping pong ball that hangs on an inch-long or so loop of string. It also has (well, it did have) a small red ribbon high up on the string. I put it in the pig cage high enough so that they'd have to lean up to reach the bell. They pretty much ignored it and they didn't really wreck toys or anything so I hoped it would still be safe for next Christmas but I left them for literally about 1 minute to go downstairs for morning lettuce. When I got back the bell was on the ground (at first I thought Squealer had eaten the bell but then realised it was metal,the size of her head and underneath her. The ribbon was gone!
I don't know who ate it but I think it may be Squealer since she does nibble on things, but they'd have to really be curious about the ribbon to try and reach it. it was, I'd guess, about 3 cm long and just thin fabric.
Will it make whoever ate it sick? I'm really worried.
thanks!

jilovecavies

Cavy Slave
I know some piggies eat fabric and other odd fibers, and they seem to poop it out ok, but I'm not sure. :-/ I can imagine a blockage could potentially occur. Personally, I think I would consult a vet.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Keep us posted!

_Luck_

Cavy Slave
I was hoping I wouldn't have to use the vet >.< Oh well,I'll see what I can do checkup-wise.They're due for one anyway.
should I be looking out for anything in them? I heard you're supposed to give animals lots of water if they swallow something to help it go through the system but my pigs don't drink very much...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.