Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Are these grids safe?

britgal98579

Cavy Slave
[GuineaPigCages.com] Are these grids safe?

I could not find the regular grids but Wal-Mart had these. They are a soft plastic. I thought I saw a cage on here recently made out of this but have been looking through the threads for the last 45 minutes and can't seem to find it. I will be making a 2x4 cage. My husband thinks I have gone nuts:p I told him he needs to start reading about Guinea pigs here!

yes they are :)

I found these grids in the furniture dept at Wal-mart on an end cap. Have you tried that dept? I was looking in the laundry section and found them by accident! We have a very small Sears and they did not have any. The closest Bed, Bath and Beyond is 45 minutes away. With my work schedule , not sure when I could of made it there. My one concern was our Guinea pigs being able to see out. Doesn't seem like they will be able to see as well. But they do get a lot of out time to play and excersise and lap time. I have to tell the kids to please let them rest a bit or they would probably be out all day!

Yes they are I have and still use these with my wire grids.

I use them as a play yard for Senor Snicker and loves it. I cut a circle in one of the paneljust alittle smaller than 4" and then attached his tunnel loop and he loves it.

i went to walmart to get my regular grid the funny thing is you might have just walked past them . they are by the loundry stuff .. i was in walmart and i walked thruogh the entire store i was theer for hours i was determined and kept my eyes sharp .. than i was standing where they had these other cube shelves and meterial type backets and what nots .. and there behind this other box there they where .. soemtimes you have to move things around walmart is not always as organised as you think...lol ..especialy depending where u live .. so yea they where not the four cube one but the 3 cube hey for 19 bucks i was not going to complain and got 2 .. than went to my local thrifts shop .. yes that trusty second hand to buy some baby fleece blankets .. and guess what while walking thruogh there i spotted a box of those wire grids and had the connectors well my husband was astoished i put them in the cart but i said ok they aint white but for 6 bucks i am not going to walk away either and came with connectors .. cant pass up a bargain .. ever !

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.