Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Are there any other Country Music Fans out there?

janetangel

Cavy Slave
I feel like I am a minority in this area.
Havng a cowboy daddy and friends who had cowboy parents I grew up with country music. As a teen I listened to it some, then went to Rock, soft rock and country. Then I went to oldies, then I went to soft rock, then I went to the soft rock and rock classics, then back to country, mostly classics. Now I am almost 100% back to country music and I have to ask my husband what my boys are listening to. (they like rock and stuff) although my youngest can point out Toby Keith since I am in love with him.
Right now I have CMT channel (Country Music channel) on my TV almost 1:30 AM and they are selling the old country classics I forgot about, but really like. The ones I heard from when I was little.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
I really, really like Rascal Flatts. But that is about the only country I listen to. I don't dislike it, I just like 80's more.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
I don't mind popular country music. I'll listen to it and even like some songs. I have a room mate who's a huge country fan and we've done road trips together and listened to country the whole way.

I myself like classic rock. There's a radio station in Grand Rapids where I grew up that plays all rock from the 60s to the present. That's my favorite. Next depending on my mood would either be oldies or a regular rock station. What I really love though is Bluegrass and folk music. I go to a Bluegrass festival every year and I love it. This year I'm bringing extra cash to buy CDs so I can listen to the good stuff all year round.

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
On the subject of Rascal Flats... the lead singer makes me want to jump his bones. He is obviously very ugly, but the way he sings, and the words he sings.... wow. They are great.

JennG

Cavy Slave
I like all sorts of music-pop, rock, 80's, country, some classical, hip-hop, etc... I don't care for the twangy country about my dog got run over when my wife left me or the really hard rap stuff with the @itch and other bad names for women or opera *snore*.

My favorite singers are Janet Jackson, Prince, Aerosmith, Rascal Flatts, Trace Adkins (yum), Faith Hill & Tim McGraw and Kelly Clarkson just to name a few.

janetangel

Cavy Slave
Trace Adkins is yum. There are many male country singers that I think are awesomely cute. Toby Keith is my favorite.
On top of being raised country, attracted to cowboys etc... I married a long haired, rocker, Native American. Totally opposite of what I am attracted to. His butt caught eye. Someday I will get him to wear Wranglers too.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
I have this mad obsession with REO Speedwagon. I am sure every knows this by now. But not so much as Taco's with Elvis. Now that is dedication.

fairysari

Cavy Slave
I like some older 'classic' country music, like Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson. I just saw Wille in concert a few months ago.

I like classic rock, jambands, local bands, and even hip hop. Not a lot of commercially successful artists really though, I guess. I go to a lot of concerts. Recently, I've seen Ween, Wilco twice, America, Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey, Tony Levin, Coldcut, the Slip... that's in the past few months, and I bet I'm forgetting some! :)

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
BabyGrl said:
I have this mad obsession with REO Speedwagon. I am sure every knows this by now. But not so much as Taco's with Elvis. Now that is dedication.
I'm laughing so hard right now!
I do like hillbilly, rockabilly country stuff. I like Johnny Cash's "Jackson" but I haven't heard much else by him. He he he, Johnny Cash and Elvis went on tour together (you should be interested to know) 'cause they were both at Sun Records. Of course, I just relate everything to Elvis.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
I love modern country. I can take the classic stuff until someone sounds like a dying cow!! I also listen to classic rock.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
I love really twangy country. I find when you see music live it's hard not to love it. I can't wait for Wheatland (the bluegrass festival I go to). It's the weekend after Labor day ever year. Not too much longer. I get all excited just thinking about it.

janetangel

Cavy Slave
What a couple Elvis and Johnny Cash. Although if a concert of those two were possible today I would go. I like both of them. I really like Elvis in his younger days. Wow!
Today I was sharing my I Pod with my mom when I was playing Charlie Rich, "Behind Closed Doors", Martina McBride's remake of "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" and "Galveston" by Glen Campbell.
I still enjoy those songs too.

fairysari

Cavy Slave
When I lived in Toronto, I used to go see Crazy Strings, a bluegrass band, every Wednesday at the Silver Dollar Room...

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
What happens if you play country music backwards?
Your dog comes back to life, your wife comes home and you get your job back. I love all that sad country stuff.
I really like Elvis in his younger days. Wow!
Me too. I have to find something to suck on so I don't drool all over the keyboard.
Wait, that is what you mean, isn't it? lol Kidding- I love the Sun years of Elvis.

janetangel

Cavy Slave
The Magic Taco said:
What happens if you play country music backwards?
Your dog comes back to life, your wife comes home and you get your job back. I love all that sad country stuff.

Me too. I have to find something to suck on so I don't drool all over the keyboard.
Wait, that is what you mean, isn't it? lol Kidding- I love the Sun years of Elvis.
If you get those spill proof keyboards it really helps.
LOL, playing country music backwards made me laugh.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I like country music. I like both the old stuff and the newer stuff. I grew up listening to Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty among others. My favorite male country singer is Clay Walker. That man is hot. I also love 80's music because it's my generation. I like almost all types of music except hardcore and gangsta rap.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
fairysari said:
When I lived in Toronto, I used to go see Crazy Strings, a bluegrass band, every Wednesday at the Silver Dollar Room...

Fairysari I'm only a seven hour drive from you. :) Wheatland's in September, you're more than welcome to come along.

fairysari

Cavy Slave
As long as it's in the second half of the month. September's shaping up to be a busy month.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Wheatland is September 8-10, right in the middle. If you can't come this year, it's going on every year until the end of time (if I have anything to do with it!)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.