Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Are stains normal?

kp53179

Cavy Slave
I was wondering if it was normal for my guinea pigs pee to stain my lime green fleece like instantly? It does wick, and it also stays wet for a little bit but what bugs me is that it stains! So if its normal then I am okay with it!

Also, for only having my guinea pig for a week I must say he is very well behaved. He mainly pees and poos underneath his igloo since that isn't his bed. He sometimes poops behind his igloo and then sometimes pees on the other corner by his food bowl. With that being said, I would like to train him to go in a litter pan but I know I can't put the litter pan under his igloo. I was wondering since they like to pee and poo in private, should I put litter pans in the corner (or 2 corners) with towels draped over it so its private? To get him to go over there I would put his poo inside the litter pans. Hopefully this makes sense. Any tips and or advice is soo greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Urine does oxidize to a slightly darker color, and can be affected by what the pig eats. When I used fleece, I just sprayed the stains with an enzyme pre-soaker before washing, and they came right out.

Putting the litter pans in the corners and giving him some privacy sounds like a good plan. It may not work :(, but it's a good plan! (Just kidding, you'll definitely catch some pee and poop that way.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.