Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Are my piggy too fat?

Rosina

Cavy Slave
I got 2 piggies, they don't like to move much even during floor time, one weight 2.2lb and the other 2.3, they are both girls, are they too fat?

Piglet

Cavy Slave
No, they have normal weights. Some pigs are just lazy!

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Is it their first or second floor time? My pig was terrified his first few floor times, but now he runs around in circles popcorning. It may just take a while for them to liven up.

Treen

Cavy Slave
It's hard to judge whether a pig is thin or fat from weight alone as it depends on their frame. I have three girls, one is 2 1/2lb the other two are nearly 3lb and all are a similar build. The one who's lighter just has a much lighter frame than the others - she'd be obese if she reached their weight!

As Piglet said, those weights aren't huge. Just make sure they have a good diet, a good sized cage and plenty of opportunity and stimulation to exercise and they should stay in good shape!

Have a look at this page https://guineapigcages.com/toys.htm for ideas on how to get them moving and having some fun!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.