Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

April is having surgery today

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
I took her in this morning for her spaying, she has Ovarian Cysts. Her surgery is for 10 am and I am a nervous wreck. The DR. said that she should be ready to go home about 5 pm. Let's just hope everything goes well.

jilovecavies

Cavy Slave
Good luck! April will be in our thoughts today! Wheek!:love:

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
Best wishes and keep calm. Have a cup of tea and a good book.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I'm sure she'll do fine. I will be keeping you both in my thoughts today.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
The vet called and said there was a problem with April, they had a hard time getting her to wake up after surgery and her heart was beating real slow. They have her on some drugs, can't remember what right now and she is doing better. They may want to keep her over night as a precaution. I am leaving in a bit to go see her but I won't be able to stay long. Keep her in your prayers that she will pull through.

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
Yikes! Hope she pulls through alright! <3

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Hugs to you and April and all fingers and paws crossed in our house that this is just a precaution and she will come through this with flying colors!

moonfire

Cavy Slave
Aww, I wish both of you the best of luck - I can't imagine how hard that must be to go through. Here's another thread where a piggie mom went through the same thing (well, minus the complications) perhaps it'll help you, too.

Ash Liz

Cavy Slave
Best of luck and I'm sending happy hopes your way!

camende

Cavy Slave
Piggersrule...I just saw this...I hope April is doing better this evening!

amfeider

Cavy Slave
April must be a common piggie name one of my girls was named April.

socal805

Cavy Slave
I am keeping April in my thoughts tonight Piggersrule, please let us know how she's doing.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
April is doing better though she's not out of the woods yet but she is stablizing. They are going to keep her for the night, she is awake now but won't eat or drink. I brought in her favorite foods like bluegrass, some pellets and veggies. I made up a batch of pellet mash and was feeding that to her, she ate some. I also brought in Pumpkin for her to have next to her. The Dr. that will be caring for her tonight thought that might help her feel better having a buddy stay with her. I feel better about it because than she won't be alone and not quite as scared. They won't let me back in there tonight so I will be going over in the morning. They have been giving her fluilds to keep her hydrated and will continue through the night, unless she starts drinking on her own. I left stricked instruction that they are to call me if anything should happen during the night and that she should be fed her the mash every hour or so, not that they already knew this. The DR. told me that in with the cysts they found 2 small tumors which they removed and will be analyzed. Before her surgery she had bloodwork and nothing indicated that there were any kind of cancers or tumors, this really blows my mind. I just wanted to give you a quick update and that my head will be clearer tomorrow. I am mentally exhausted and need to get some sleep...I doubt it but I will try. Keep April in your thoughts and prayers for her return home.

camende

Cavy Slave
Piggersrule....I am praying for April...I hope you are able to get some sleep but If I was in your position, I probably would be awake all night...I'm glad Pumkin is with her. I hope she's much improved in the morning...

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
Oh my, I'm so sorry you are going through all this. My heart skipped a beat when I read your post. Hang in there, I will be thinking about you and your little girl. She made it through the hardest part and now she just needs you to nurse her back to health, which I know you will do wonderfully. Best wishes and let us know how things progress. :hug:

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
Thanks for keeping us posted. Hope she makes improvement tomorrow. Will be thinking of her.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Keeping fingers and paws crossed here for April's full recovery.

clotho

Cavy Slave
Piggersrule I'm so sorry there have been complications for April!! I just got home from my trip and this is the first thing I read on here. My thoughts and prayers are with you and April. Please keep us updated. I know once you get her home with you, that you will be able to give her all the loving care she needs and nurse her back to health.

I totally understand exactly how worried you must be and I wish you didn't have to go through this. Please take care and I will be looking for more updates and hoping for the best.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. I didn't get any phone call during the night so that's a good thing. I am going to be visiting her and Pumpkin soon and I am hoping to be bringing them home today where they belong. It was so weird not having Pumpkin and April in the house last night, my house seemed empty without them. I will let you know how thing go today.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Piggersrule, I have just seen this thread, and can't believe her operation has come upon us so quickly! As you know, we have been away, so I am not on the computer much - but I have been thinking about you, and April after finding out she had some worrying symptoms.

I can only imagine your nerves and exhaustion, especially when things didn't go straightforward, but after not hearing through the night, your spirits must have lifted. I think it is such a good idea that you brought Pumpkin to keep April company - I feel certain that will have helped her enormously!

Do keep us updated - we all here will have you in our thoughts! (especially Mary who's hair is still lost, but showing no other symptoms, so am just going to keep a close watch over her - but will update in her own thread when we get home tomorrow.)

:hug:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.