Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Aported piggy

Rosina

Cavy Slave
The piggy that I adopted are here for about a week now. Whenever I enter their room they went hiding almost right the way. If I go try picking them up they run around in circles and try to avoid me as much as possible. But I think their nail needed to be clipped, it’s is way too long and curl in quite a bit already. I don’t think their ex-owner ever trim their nails, and some of Abu’s hair is matted quite badly. I would love to take care of them better, but they just won’t like to be pick up, any idea what I can do?

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
All 3 of my pigs do the same thing. One runs like there's no tomorrow and won't even let you poke him. I usually have to trap him into a corner and get him.. sure, he squirms and wiggles, but he eventually calms down. The other two try to run too, but they usually get cornered too. You gotta do what you gotta do! And I've had them all for over 6 months.

I had to do the same with my first 2 piggers. They were never held by humans at all and always in a cage Muffy still runs from me but Scruffy is starting to come to me more and more. Muffy will eat out of my hands but runs when I want to catch them. I now have 14 piggies and they kinda still run from me but they all are coming around better everyday. They like to be on your lap and chitter at ya but dont like to be picked up.

Exactly. Isn't that weird? My Chuckie won't let you TOUCH him, let alone pick him up. But he'll eat straight out of your hand and stand on it, too. He comes to me for treats when I shake the box and climbs on top of my leg, too. But he won't let me pick him up, nooooooooo........ When I am able to catch him, he loves be scratched between the eyes and will fall asleep in my arms. You'd think that he'd want that more often.

Mine seems getting better everyday too. But they won't eat from my hand still. I usually would call their name and show them the veggie, and they would run away. So I usually just drop it on the ground and after I left the room they would pick it up and eat it, and venture out to see what else is new in the cage

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.