Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Liners Anyone out there with a 3x4 C&C?

Roo99

Cavy Slave
Hey there, fellow cavy crazies! I am going to build my piggies a 3x4 C&C, and I'd like to sew them 2 cage liners. However, I need the inside dimensions of a 3x4 C&C before I build the cage so that I can properly measure my fleece.

Thanks so much!

Well each grid is 14 inches so just multiply 14 by the number of grids.

Well each grid is 14 inches so just multiply 14 by the number of grids.

I would do that, but it would give me the outside dimensions and not the inside dimensions. I think that there is a slight difference in size, and you should take the inside dimensions. Because of connectors and coroplast thickness, and such. However, if I'm wrong then I'll just do that.

my advise would be to wait until you get the exact measurements of your cage when it's built. the first time, you can simply cut the fleece and whatever you're putting underneath, and clip them to the sides of the coro temporarily. i say this because sometimes, when i've put my cages together, the finished product is a little off the "official" measurements.

Well I personally like to make the fleece liners just a little bit bigger than the coroplast box so they curl up the sides just a little. I think just using the 14 inches per grid will get you close enough.

I have some more questions about liners:

1) What absorbant layer can I use besides U-Haul pads? The machine that I'll be using cannot sew through them.
2) Where would one get the afforementioned absorbant layer?
3) What is the best fabric store to get cheap, anti-pill fleece?

Thanks so much!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.