Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What breed? Anyone have a guess at what Sheldon is?

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
@Zuidy Abbys have rosettes and whorls all over their body. Penny mostly has her whorls on her bum so it makes her look like she's wearing a ballet tutu! haha

So she shouldn't be an Abby?

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
So she shouldn't be an Abby?

Huh? I'm all confused. Penny is for sure an abby. I'm a billion percent sure of that. It's Sheldon (the choco pig) that I'm trying to figure out the breed of.

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Huh? I'm all confused. Penny is for sure an abby. I'm a billion percent sure of that. It's Sheldon (the choco pig) that I'm trying to figure out the breed of.

Yeah, I am confused too.

You said Abbys have whorls over their whole body, and that Penny only has them on her bum..... sooo......

Ahhh, NVM. It's not worth it. Pretty sure Sheldon is a Silkie/Sheltie though.

ellisa

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I am confused too.

You said Abbys have whorls over their whole body, and that Penny only has them on her bum..... sooo......

Ahhh, NVM. It's not worth it. Pretty sure Sheldon is a Silkie/Sheltie though.

Hahaha! I'm really sorry for not making sense!!! No, I was just saying how Penny's whorls are silly, that's all! She's an abby with a permanent tutu on!!

Yeah, I'm leaning towards silkie, with maybe American... ?

Murk21

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure about the breeds as I'm pretty new to guinea pigs but he's a sure is a handsome fella :)

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Hahaha! I'm really sorry for not making sense!!! No, I was just saying how Penny's whorls are silly, that's all! She's an abby with a permanent tutu on!!

Yeah, I'm leaning towards silkie, with maybe American... ?

Definitely not American. I have an American, Lil' Babe, and she has short, smooth hair as opposed to yours. Guaranteed no American in her. I would say Silkie for sure. Silky and maybe, if anything else, Peruvian.

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
He looks like a mix between Silkie, American, and Ridgeback to me. His fur is so cool!

pinky

Cavy Slave
Definitely not American. I have an American, Lil' Babe, and she has short, smooth hair as opposed to yours. Guaranteed no American in her. I would say Silkie for sure. Silky and maybe, if anything else, Peruvian.

I don't think he has any Peruvian in him. They have a straight part down their backs and bangs. It looks like the hair that sticks up on his head lifts up above his eye. I still think he's mainly silkie and maybe a bit of abby since his hair stands up a bit. The way his hair juts up around his eye makes me think he's not part ridgeback. His colics seem more scattered and not in a straight line.

ellisa

Cavy Slave
[MENTION=15081]pinky[/MENTION], I agree with you. I had a pure Peruvian and Sheldon doesn't have a part down his head and back like Pedro did.

I think Sheldon is part Silkie part beaver! :p

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
Double post again, sorry guys ._.

Last edited:

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
No, I was just saying how Penny's whorls are silly, that's all! She's an abby with a permanent tutu on!!

Ahhh, I know exactly what you mean by theis! Scout has whorls across his bum which make him look like he has a big booty :) Then his black coloring starts from his elbows, across his entire body, then stops right at his white toes. This coloring has earned him the name "Scout T. Pants" because he looks like he's wearing pants all the time!

ellisa

Cavy Slave
Ahhh, I know exactly what you mean by theis! Scout has whorls across his bum which make him look like he has a big booty :) Then his black coloring starts from his elbows, across his entire body, then stops right at his white toes. This coloring has earned him the name "Scout T. Pants" because he looks like he's wearing pants all the time!

Aww, cute!! I love it when piggie hair patterns and colours makes it look like they are wearing tiny clothing! :heart:

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
Aww, cute!! I love it when piggie hair patterns and colours makes it look like they are wearing tiny clothing! :heart:

Oh yes certainly, it's far better than when people put human clothes on their piggies!