Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Anya due anyday???

CavyFamily

Cavy Slave
So I have posted on her before about my piggie Ayna and her being pregnant. I have read and re-read the links all over this website for clues to her labor and delivery etc. However I need more insight please!

I got her April 22 and she was kinda round when I got her, she has since doubled in size and on the 22nd of this month will make two months I have had her. My question is if she was pretty round when I got her then how much longer should I wait before I freak out and take her to the vet? She lays down ALOT, drinks/eats ALOT and is even getting cranky with me now (chattering her teeth if I reach in the cage to spot clean or pet etc) I have checked her pelvis and by my best guess she is around half an inch wide, give or take. She wont let her cage mate anywhere near her but she is still running around the cage. She reaches under her like she is getting poo but nothing comes. When she lays down she is on her side and kicks her legs out behind her. I can't see the babies move because she has long crazy hair but you can hear them clicking their teeth and you can feel movement. I have baby proofed the cage and am trying to be patient but am starting to worry cause I don't really now how old she is nor when she got pregnant(she was a rehome to me) and the previous family couldn't tell me anything other then she was fat, however she seems to be in really good health. She has taken to sleeping next to her hay wall in the kitchen instead of in her pigloo. Please any advise would be helpful. I can also measure her middle if that will help at all.

THANKS SO MUCH!! ( here is a picture of her now, I tried to make it bigger and zoom but this is the best I could get.) [GuineaPigCages.com] Anya due anyday???

Thank You. The pregnancy link is broken but I have read darn near that whole site so I am prepared for most anything that could happen with my piggie, not just this pregnancy. I am just scared cause I don't want to lose her, yes I fell in love instantly! I saw her in her cage and she was just so cute and I was done. So I would be devastated if something goes wrong. Just worried I guess. Any clue to how much longer I should wait?

CavyFamily- She is adorable! Can you send me a PM of your cage?

CavyFamily- She is adorable! Can you send me a PM of your cage?
I don't know how to pm as I have never used it here but all my cage pics can be seen at (broken link removed)It has gone through a transformation since I got it lol. its a 2x4 with 2x1 loft with extra high sides, due to be expanded and a full top level added as well.....

The pregnancy link is broken

It's not broken, I just mistyped it. It's (broken link removed). Sorry.

Still no babies :sad: I have looked over the links which were very helpful but my question is not answered there.......how long should I let her go without producing pups before freaking out? As I said earlier the 22nd will be two months that I have had her and she was noticeably pear shaped when I got her. So I can't imagine that she has too much longer.....Can they have false pregnancies? Would you think that could even be possible by her photo?

She will go into labor on her own. And will most likely be at night or when she's alone. She can be pregnant for 10 weeks.

Thanks so much everyone, I am just a nervous grandma I guess, also a little scared cause I don't want anything to happen to my baby girl and all the scary stuff I read about them dying in piggie birth is getting to me I guess. Ill keep yall posted if anything changes or if she has the babies!

Ok stressing out now! Still no babies and by my count, IF she got pregnant the day we picked her up, then her 72 day mark is July 2nd. But like I had posted in another thread when I first joined she was pear shaped then. Right now, IF she got pregnant the day we picked her up she would be 64 days along....which is impossible because she had a separate cage when we got her from the family, my guess is she should have no more then 2 days left but her pelvis is separated has been for 2 days now and she wont come out of her pigloo for anything but hay and water, she isnt even eating pellet food now. So scared! No strange smells coming from her, I read you have to check for that too. Please give some advise, not links, I have read all them. Anyone who has had babies would help tons!!!

here is a picture of her the next day after we got her[GuineaPigCages.com] Anya due anyday???[GuineaPigCages.com] Anya due anyday???

Yoga - for you! It sounds like you're just very anxious and worried, and she doesn't sound like she's in any distress. Just find a way to calm yourself down to reduce your anxiety. You'll know when something is actually wrong, you have all the information available - there's really nothing else.
Breathe, read a book, go for a walk - just relax! You don't want your anxiety to stress her out and make things worse for her.

pigs have the ability to hold the pragnicy if they want XD shell prob have the pups at night when your sleeping. she might also want to have them when your not around.

Hold the pregnancy?? Oh my! How long can that happen for? She is in her own cage up in my room for now so that she has peace and quiet she has been in my room for like 5 days now.....anything I can do to encourage her so to speak lol?

Yoga - for you! It sounds like you're just very anxious and worried, and she doesn't sound like she's in any distress. Just find a way to calm yourself down to reduce your anxiety. You'll know when something is actually wrong, you have all the information available - there's really nothing else.
Breathe, read a book, go for a walk - just relax! You don't want your anxiety to stress her out and make things worse for her.
I am trying but I am scared for my girl....she is my baby. I get kisses like crazy from her and she loves nothing more then to cuddle on the couch with me....would be lost if anything happened to her...

We all understand, but it's not doing either of you any good for you to be so anxious.

When she finally does have the piglets, your anxiety will probably be amplified instead of relieved because your cavies have gone from two to maybe even three times that. I would put your restless energy right now into researching how to care for the babies and the mama after the birth -- your next adventure! That way your restlessness is being channeled into something good and useful :)

Is she much bigger than that photo of when your first got her? Can you give a recent photo?

Are you even sure she's pregnant?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.