Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grooming Any help keeping a white boar clean? Thx

BrendaMarie

Cavy Slave
Snowy (my boar) has a completely white bottom. This may sound silly but oftentimes it's more yellow than it is white. I'm thinking it's urine because when I put him in a sink with a small amount of water some of it will soak off but not all of it. He's a free range piggy for most of the time... Allowed to roam freely on the kitchen floor. He pees in only 2 places, both of which are out of site and easy to clean daily. I'm not sure why he's urine colored or what I should do about it. Any help?

My Yang is also completely white..he's longhaired as well.....I keep his butt trimmed so it doesn't drag across the floor or under him, he still manages to pee on it though so about once a week I give him a bath. If it gets bad in between bath times I rinse him off with some water really well and then groom him out.

This is what I do...I know there are people here who don't believe in giving guineas baths. What you do to solve this issue is up to you but this has worked for us perfectly fine. Yang has gotten to the point where he is enjoying bath times now...he paddles around in the sink and purrs.

I've used baking soda on his hind end in a kind of paste as well..just rub it in like normal shampoo and rinse it off.

Yes, keep his longer hair trimmed so it doesn't skim the floor.

He's a short hair so I don't think I can shorten it any more LOL I'm not sure how it was that it came to be thought that he's long haired, sorry.

You mean green isn't a normal guinea pig color? Both of mine have green chins, and it doesn't come off when I bathe them. I've given up....

Thanks spy9doc... Yes, he's kept on fleece with a Carefresh litter pan. He spends most of the time on the kitchen floor. I guess I'm just a perfectionist and think he should be white LOL I'll let him be but will continue washing his butt weekly just to satisfy my own peace of mind / sense of well being LOL

You mean green isn't a normal guinea pig color? Both of mine have green chins, and it doesn't come off when I bathe them. I've given up....

Looks like green and yellow are common problems LOL

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.