Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Anti-pill fleece

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
How many time should I wash the anti-pill fleece that I just got?

I think I washed mine 2-3 times. Hottest water setting, detergent, few cups o' vinegar in the rinse cycle. Be sure to test it by drizzling water on it. If it beads up, more washing!

I think I washed mine 2-3 times. Hottest water setting, detergent, few cups o' vinegar in the rinse cycle. Be sure to test it by drizzling water on it. If it beads up, more washing!

Ok thank you very much

I forgot to ask this. Do I have to wash the U-Haul pads or can I wait to do that?

If you don't plan to cut and sew the uhaul pads, you can use them right away. If you want to cut and sew, wash and dry multiple times in hot water and highest heat in dryer.

They shrink!

Why do you use the vinegar?

If you don't plan to cut and sew the uhaul pads, you can use them right away. If you want to cut and sew, wash and dry multiple times in hot water and highest heat in dryer.

They shrink!
Thank you for telling us! I would have had no idea! Phew!

Helps dissolve gunk, helps wash away excess detergent in the rinse cycle, and makes things fresh smelling. We hippies use it in place of fabric softener,too.

Helps dissolve gunk, helps wash away excess detergent in the rinse cycle, and makes things fresh smelling. We hippies use it in place of fabric softener,too.

interesting. TY
I have a front load/stack-able washer, do i just put it in the fabric softener cup?

They shrink!

I heard that they may shrink. I don't want to sew them yet because I'm getting 4 2ftx2ft cages and connecting them together so my girls can have a bigger cage. I guess I'll just lay the U-haul pads down and place the Fleece on top of it for right now.

I used vinegar in the wash when I did mine and I only had to wash them once. The water didn't bead up and sit on top of the fleece, it soaked right in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.