Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Animal Testing

kwene_2009

Cavy Slave
Hello. I am writting a persuasive speech on why animals should not be used in testing and research, most specifically in cosmetics/lotions/perfume. This is mostly because I am tired of the jokes people make to me about owning lab guinea pigs. Some people just don't understand and I want to educate them. ha ha
Does anyone have any good web sites that I could use to get helpful information, statistics, or pictures?
Thank you so much for your help....
Also, I hope I posted this in the right place....

Angelgal
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

sophistacavy

Cavy Slave
I would think that looking on the aspca's website, maybe peta's website, humane society of the united states's website, would help. They would all be against animal testing for cosmetic reasons.

People kinda look at me weird when I voice my opinion about this topic. IMO, we should not do any animal testing with cosmetics. Instead, we can use humans. Not us, as in folks like me and you, but prisoners on death row. They do research, as I believe, to prevent things from doing something way bad, like burning your skin off. Yeah, thats important, but why burn a rabbit's pelt off when you could give a well-deserved punishment to people on death row. Labosapiens: humans used for cosmetic testing xD Found exclusively on: death row.

Thats a great idea, your paper, good luck!

Jules84

Cavy Slave
I used to work for LUSH handmade cosmetics, and they were really big on not testing their products on animals. And not just the products that they make, but all the ingredients that go into a product can not be tested on animals or even endanger the life of any animal. If I remember correctly, they stoped using Palm Oil in their soaps because it effected the habitat of the endangered orangatans in Borneo.

Several companies claim they do not test their products on animals, which they don't, but they can't say the same for the manufacturers of the ingredients they are using.

I'm not sure if you could use that information, but I always respected LUSH for their beliefs.

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
I always new LUSH was good but I didn't know they were THAT good!

I love their stuff, I just wish they had a store closer to me (I hate paying shipping!):D

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
I think that animal testing for certain products is alright. But when you use them for things that are not really necessecary, then you have a problem. Things that are okay are medical research, etc... things that could greatly benefit humans. Things that are not okay are shampoos, conditioners, mak-up, etc...
I only use make up that says "Not Tested On Animals", Shampoos, conditioners, etc... I only use if they say "This Product Has Not Been Tested On Animals". One brand that does not test on animals is basically everything from Bath and Body Works.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.