Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting and then there were FIVE!!

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
Yesterday Elaine (previously known as minnie) came to live with us. she's a spayed female (yes, i actually found one) who's about 5 years old. she's an orange-ish abby who seems very very sweet. she had lived with her mother, who died 3 years ago and she's been alone ever since. her previous owner realized she wasn't able to give her the time and attention she needed, so was looking to re-home her. right now she's quarrentined in the cage she came in (2x4 c&c). i'm hoping to have her paired with jerry, who is my current lone pig. yes, i know, the "real" jerry and elaine could never really make it work, but they always stayed friends, right? ;)

then yesterday i also, i expand the boys cage from 2X4 to 3X5. they were bickering so much, i thought more room would help. today i'm so sore - it was alot of work!! i was exhausted. newman, kramer, and george love it though. it does take up a lot of room in my small space (MY whole condo is only 800 square feet). at one point i looked around my livingroom and thought, "Oh, my G-d, i've gone over the edge!" :eek: and i'm going to try not to worry about how much time it will take to clean every week. . .

so the head count is now 5 little piggies, and three cages! AARRGG! when's the next meeting of pig-aholics! i admit i'm powerless already. . .:D

It's good to see it happening to someone else! I had pigs all through my childhood and loved them, but no where near as much as I do now. I went a few years without having one in my life and then when we started renting an actual house with a spare bedroom I was like, "It's not like I have any friends that are going to come and spend the night, I'll find something to fill it!" And I sure did.

I got Bocefus about a year and a half ago and haven't looked back.
Bocefus, Lucien [RIP], Waylon, Warden, November, Alenko [RIP], Cara, and Rictor.
So 6 that are right now in 4 different living arrangements [Rictor is due to be neutered this tuesday for Cara] and the entire spare bedroom is full with a 3X4 and a 2X5 [the bed barely fits and will most likely have to be removed for the new Cara and Rictor cage being built soon].

You're 3X5 is wonderful and I just love your piggie bedspreads you create. I tried sewing things and they never turned out right. Your pigs already have wonderful lives and I hope they show their gratitude in wheeks and popcorns!
I can't wait to see pics of Elaine and Jerry together, though I know it'll be a few weeks. So satiate my impatience with one of just her, please?! =]

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.