Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

And the ramp comes down

CrazyMom

Cavy Slave
I know that separating male babies from their mom is normal but that does not make it bite any less. Poor Gus was an only child, so now he is all alone. I split my 2 level 4x2 cage by taking the ramp out and temporarily blocking the hole. Gus is up top, the girls are on the bottom. I hate it! The girls have very little natural light now, and Gus is losing it. I really hope I find a good home for him soon. He needs a buddy and my girls need their cage back to normal. I feel so bad for him, but believe me I don't want more inbred babies, or babies in general!

Where do you live?

Near Philly PA

Give him lots of cuddles.

I will be sending positive thoughts up north that he finds a happy home soon. Maybe he'd like a stuffed animal to cuddle with...

Thanks. I have a listing on guinea pig zone, but only one email that didn't lead to anything. I think people are turned off by the fact that I want him to go to a home with the right size cage and want pictures of the cage. Is that wrong?

Absolutely not. You have a rite to know where your little baby is going. Anyone who can't respect that, doesn't deserve him.

EDIT: https://www.guineapigcages.com/threads/71404/ Is this your listing? It matches your situations. If it is, he 's adorable. If it isn't, he's still adorable.

[GuineaPigCages.com] And the ramp comes down
Here is a picture. He is seeming needy right now because he just got separated from his mom but other than that he is great! I hold him daily but he still has that little baby pig energy so he is not really snuggly. But he doesn't bite or freak out once you catch him.

Absolutely not. You have a rite to know where your little baby is going. Anyone who can't respect that, doesn't deserve him.

EDIT: https://www.guineapigcages.com/threads/71404/ Is this your listing? It matches your situations. If it is, he 's adorable. If it isn't, he's still adorable.

No that is not him. I briefly thought about getting ahold of that person to see if I should adopt but I really don't think that would be fair to my girls to cut their cage down. And I REALLY dont need anymore animals.

ADORABLE!!! I love the pic you posted!

Thanks, it was a long night and proving to be a long morning. The baby and mom where screaming most of the night and today they have taken up chewing on the cage. I hope it subsides soon.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.