Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rehoming Airline Travel

Wandalea

Cavy Slave
No plans yet, but I might in the future be moving from Hawaii to the mainland--an unforeseen event. How do piggies fare on airline flights? I will check to see if they are allowed like small dogs in a carrier cage that I can hold. Does anyone know about how the air pressure changes & dry air would affect them? I can't really imagine life without Dink & Doink now, but I don't want to do something that will harm them. Thanks!

Wandalea

Cavy Slave
Yes! Alaska Airlines (the one I use) will take piggies in the climate-controlled, safe cargo compartment. My heart is soaring!

GameOfCavies

Cavy Slave
I'd make sure you contact people in Hawaii. Or look at local laws. I've lived there, and they have very strict laws on a lot of animal transport. I know when we were moving there, we looked into bringing our cat along and ran into trouble. They wanted a lot of paperwork, and she was going to have to go through a quarantine. In the end we ended up giving her to my aunt. So I would definitely look into stuff like that. Maybe talk to your vet?
It would just suck if you got to the date and found out there were complications :(

edit: OH WAIT. For some reason I thought you said you were moving to Hawaii. Never mind me xD
But this is still good to note for anyone planning on moving there.

Wandalea

Cavy Slave
I'd make sure you contact people in Hawaii. Or look at local laws. I've lived there, and they have very strict laws on a lot of animal transport. I know when we were moving there, we looked into bringing our cat along and ran into trouble. They wanted a lot of paperwork, and she was going to have to go through a quarantine. In the end we ended up giving her to my aunt. So I would definitely look into stuff like that. Maybe talk to your vet?
It would just suck if you got to the date and found out there were complications :(

edit: OH WAIT. For some reason I thought you said you were moving to Hawaii. Never mind me xD
But this is still good to note for anyone planning on moving there.

This post is good to have in the thread for those moving here. Laws about bringing in animals & plants are very strict.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.