Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Air Conditioner?

Moxie

Cavy Slave
I am thinking of a getting a pair of guinea a pigs. I need to deicide where to put them though. We have a partly finished attic. It is walk up, has very high ceilings etc. So it is like a third floor (not your typical attic I guess you could say). I would be able to make the piggies a large cage up there. The only problem is that is gets hot! Is there any kind of way I can cool it down? A portable air conditioner maybe?

kat_0521

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure about an air conditioner. You'd have to make sure it's not blowing directly on the pigs, all the time. A rotating floor fan would work pretty good. And I've used empty soda bottles, freezed water in them and put them in the cage. You have to make sure the wrapping is taken off, but my piggies really seem to enjoy that. You can also crush ice and put it in their water bottles. But don't freeze the bottles, themselves.
Good luck and I hope I've helped you out!

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Attics tend to get hot even with an AC. I have one in mine. Considering the ajusting and fluctuating with the AC on and the drop in tempature at night, I wouldn't do it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.