Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Aghhhhh!!! Coco is pregnant!!!

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
I was playing with Cinnamon and Coco and my husband comes in and wants to hold Coco. He's holding her and says "she's got a tumor". I said "no, she's just fat." So I hold her for a while and keep my hand on her tummy. It moves!!!!

I do not want babies. Cinnamon was fixed when I adopted him. Now what do I do????? I know nothing about this. What the heck do I do with her??? I am going to call the humane society where I adopted Cinnamon from because they said they would take any babies if this happened. Can Cinnamon be refixed???

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
I would check around a little.... maybe she isn't preg.?

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
What else could it be? Gas? I was holding her tummy for quite a while. It was like when I was pregnant. I didn't feel like anything else.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I thought my CoCo was pregnant once, not long after I got her because I felt a rippling in her tummy. It was just gas.

How long before was Cinnamin neutered when you paired him up with CoCo?

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
I would say that Cinnamon was neutered approximately two months before Coco came to us. It has been a few months now that they have been together. I just figured if she didn't get pregnant right off the bat, then the neutering was fine. On a side note, it would be a real bummer if she was pregnant because my husband and I are trying and I would feel like such a loser.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I would suggest taking her to the vet.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Take the boar too. You adopted him from the animal shelter and they said he was neutered? Did they neuter him or did the previous owner say that he was? If it is the latter, I wouldn't take their word for it.

Can you feel any testicles or tissue scars on him? Is it possible it is gas, or god orbid, cysts?

AmiableAnimals

Cavy Slave
How long have you had Coco?

natwooten

Cavy Slave
we adopted a male and female pig and they said that the male was neutered...we now have 4 little ones. The previous owners said that Jack was neutered but apparently he wasn't. ( We can tell these are his b/c J.J. looks just like Jack)

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't take their word over something like that. I hope you separated them.

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
I am going to call the vet in the morning to take her tomorrow afternoon. She seems totally fine but when I picked her up today she seemed irritated. She got a check up a few weeks after I got her and she was totally healthy. How long is the gestation period and how many babies is average for piggies to have??

Plus, why would I need to take Cinnamon away from Coco. She's already pregnant so what harm would it do to leave him? I have a 2x4 cage, could I just put some grids in the middle to make it two smaller cages for the time being? Any advice would be most helpful.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
If she gives birth with him still in the cage, she could be backbred. They can go into heat immediately after giving birth. (I was actually talking to the poster before me in case they are still together, she can get pregnant again but you should too).

Gestation is like 59 days to 73. It varies. Sometimes they have smaller litters if it is the first, but not always. They can have 1 large baby to 3 or 4 to 7 or 8 babies.

How long have you had her?

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
I believe I got her in April. My memory is terrible.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
:(

Ok. Wondering if she could have been pregnant when you got her, but that isn't possible. Good luck.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.