Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior aggression out of know where?

nibbler100

Cavy Slave
Okay so i have two lovely girls, Nibbler and Riley. I just introduced them about two weeks ago. Everything went really well during introductions and they've been living together in a 2x5 C&C cage for almost a week know with no problems. well tonight during floor i was in the computer room while they ran around my room (in a pin safe and sound) i herd Riley start screaming. i ran into the room afraid she might have hurt herself. Instead i find Nibbler trying to bite at her face. I don't understand? Nibbler was totally okay during the intro they acted like old friends! not even one sign of aggression from ether pig! I put them back into there cage and sat and watch for awhile. Nibbler still was trying to go after Riley but after a few minutes she calmed down. i gave them there nightly veggies and nothing has happens since.

Why did Nibbler just start being mean to Riley? Is this something they need to work out under my super vision or do i need to separate them if the issue escalates? This is the first time iv seen aggression out of Nibbler toward Riley. Riley just squeaks really loud then kinda runs away. I'm worried for the safety of Riley, plz help!

Do you normally leave them alone during floor time or was this the first time you left them alone during floor time?

i normally leave them alone for like a few minutes if i need to do something really fast but this was the first time i had left them alone a longer period.

It may have been the trigger then, if it's the first time they have been alone for longer and it's the first time Nibbler has been aggressive perhaps your not being there for longer than normal was the trigger.

So does that mean i should stay with them during floor time? To prevent that from happening again? or just slowly ween them off of me not being there?

I personally think it's better to be around them during floor time. Especially for you now since everything is so new. I think the change you made by not being there for longer was too much too soon. It certainly wouldn't hurt to rule out this one thing by being there like you did before when there was no trouble.

I'm not sure that you should aim to be absent while they are having floor time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.