Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Age restrictions

piggiepigs
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
That's only if they leave the year in their profile. People without a year do not have a number next to their name.

piggiepigs

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
People under the age of 18 were told not to have their year in their birthdate in thier profiles as well as on threads. It is real easy to go into someone's profile and find out their age if they left their birth year in.

I don't think it's a software issue. I think it's just people not taking the time to fix their profiles.

Also, are all these people active users? Have they been here since this new rule applied?

piggiepigs

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Kids/teens under the age of 18 were asked to remove their year of birth from their profile. Not everyone whose birthdays come up at the bottom of the main forum page are still active members.

I don't think it's a software issue. I think it's just people not taking the time to fix their profiles.
That is the majority of the problem, the members under 18 not taking time to go in and fix their profiles.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Why shouldn't you be able to put your birthday in? Just becuase a few kids are being irresponisble, doesn't mean that the rest of us can't have fun.

Besides the birthday option may be built into the software. Why should Cavy Spirit have to hack it? It's not her fault other people don't care about their saftey.

Why do people always cry to admins to save them from themselves?

weaseldropping

Cavy Gazer
Because we live in a culture where everything that goes wrong is someone elses fault and no-one is ever responsible for their own actions.

Sorry - bad day. Going for a lie down now...

piggiepigs

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Yes we live in a dangerous world, but it is the individual's job to protect themselves, not he admins. The feature should not be removed based on a couple of people not caring.

People could use their real name as a user name too. Should we do away with user names?

I've been surfing the net since I was 14. I have always let my birthday, gender and country be know. Without knowing my real name, the city I live in or any other particulars I don't see what people could do with such little info. A 21 year old female in Canada doesn't get you very far now does it. Now that I live in a really big city I don't mind giving away that info either. A 21 year old female in Toronto doesn't get you much farther.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.