Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopted 3 NEW PIGGIES

Guinea_Gal

Cavy Slave
Here are my new piggies! We adopted them from a rescure in NJ, Have A Heart, yesterday afternoon.
They are three Texel sows.

Tinkerbell, the youngest daughter, is a tiny girl who is only 6 months old. She is white with strawberry blond streaks.

Jasmine is the cavy with mostly black hair, and some gold as well. She is Tinkerbell's sister, but from a different litter.

Ariel, the mother of the two other girls, is almost 4 years old. She was bred so many times, she had at least 13 babies.

They were given to the rescue by a breeder who didn't want to care for them anymore. It is a miracle that poor Ariel actually survived all of the stress and abuse on her body from having so many births.

There is also a picture of their quarintine cage for a few weeks. They were at the rescue for 6 months, and they didn't have a whole lot of excercise room, so i feel really bad only giving the princesses only a 2 X 3 for a few weeks.

I have no more room though because they have to be in a separate room from my other 3 piggies. They got in their C and C cage, and started popcorning everywhere. I can't wait to give them all the room they deserve in a few weeks.

One last thing. . .

When i adopted my other three pigs, Trila, Zinfandel, and Chardonnay, from the same rescue, they were scared to death on the ride to my house. They huddled in the corner the entire ride, which i expected.

The princesses were laying in the hay and eating like queens the entire ride! They actually ate carrots right out of my hand! They are the sweetest pigs ever. I could not be happier!

Just figured i'd share these photos. Compliments are welcome!

Oh man, These are so tiny! How do i make the photos bigger guys? You can't see how cute they are. I'll post them in the gallery tommorow!!!!! G2G

What cuties!

Were you told not to brush the coat too often if you want to preserve the curl? Go through with your fingers everyday but brush once a week.

It you don't care (which I wouldn't) than you can brush them however often you want. I am sure they would love that.

They are adorable! We picked up our new piggy this weekend too. Now we have two!

City Chick, congrads on your new piggy pal.

Slap, thanks for the advice. I'm not showing them, but i do think the curls are pretty cute! Oh, and i just brushed them for the first time today, and Jasmine HATES it! She has the longest hair, so it gets tangled very easily. I just trimmed it though.

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Congrats on the piggies, they are beautiful little princesses.

Oh, no I wasn't implying you were going to show them- I didn't think you were. Some people just like to keep the curl.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.