Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Adding new Cavy advise

AngelaLowry

Cavy Slave
Hi all,
I am looking for some advice on introducing a cavy to the one that I already have. I got two cavies (brothers raised together) back in November. Sadly, one of them (Nikola) just passed away this last weekend:sad:. I want to add another cavy so Louis has a new buddie and won't be alone. I have a 2x5 grid C&C cage so there is plenty of room for two. Louis is not aggressive but is curious and never had a problem with his brother. I was not sure if I introduced another male if the fur would start to fly or if there is a positive way to handle this? Any advice would be great. Thank you very much, I have learned a great deal of information from everyone on this site.
Angie

I have two male guinea pigs and they are best best friends

You should defonatley adopt a friend. That way you can really weet the piggie and your piggie might beable to meet the one.

cavyspirit.com has the best info in intros as you can get. The things explained there are how I got my boars together.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.