Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Added a new addition

Julythza

Cavy Slave
Hi i already had a female guinea pig name daisy. So i got a male guinea pig as a gift today. And my daisy it's acting a little rough with the new addition. What can i do. New to all this sorry.

Ditto Lissie. Breeding is exceptionally dangerous for female guinea pigs, especially if they are very young or over eight months of age. There are thousands of guinea pigs in rescues and shelters who need good homes.

Perhaps you can exchange your male for a female so Daisy will have a buddy -- she'll be happier that way.

Well i dindt get him it was a gift. What ill do its go back where they purchased it and return it.thank you for the information.

Well i dindt get him it was a gift. What ill do its go back where they purchased it and return it.thank you for the information.

Your other option would be to have him neutered but you'd still need to separate them in the meantime.

well what i did was returned him cause she got really aggressive with him. My guess is that when i adopted her she never had a friend and its not used to it. She is 4 years old, so best thing i did is return it and try to do some research and see if its possible to get her another friend. But i think its best to keep gher alone. I dont have much experience with guinea pigs. I got Daisy 2 months ago. Thank you all

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.