Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Action Shot - Photos Included

Catahoula

Cavy Slave
Here are some pictures of my piggies doing zoomies through their new tunnels.
Action Shot - Photos IncludedAction Shot - Photos IncludedAction Shot - Photos Included

Attachments

Frame 3.jpg Frame 1.jpg
Not sure how, but some how managed to attach 2 extra pictures...Sorry :grumpy:

I LOVE your cage! It looks Amazing! And your piggies look super happy and spoiled! If you wouldn't mind, do you have pictures of your piggies you could post? :)

Also, since seeing you have fleece....I have been wondering....how do you piggies like it and how do you keep them from crawling under it. My piggies seemed to not like it at all and kept getting underneath it all the time! I have ten piggies! So I have three cages (2 2x6s and 1 2x5). would it be expensive for fleece?

I LOVE your cage! It looks Amazing! And your piggies look super happy and spoiled! If you wouldn't mind, do you have pictures of your piggies you could post? :)

Goose is 1 year old (neutered)Action Shot - Photos Included

Stella is 9 months.Action Shot - Photos Included

And Ruby is 5 months.
Action Shot - Photos Included

Also, since seeing you have fleece....I have been wondering....how do you piggies like it and how do you keep them from crawling under it. My piggies seemed to not like it at all and kept getting underneath it all the time! I have ten piggies! So I have three cages (2 2x6s and 1 2x5). would it be expensive for fleece?

I love having fleece bedding on the bottom level and the piggies seem to enjoy it too. They love to just flop down on it and take a nap.

None of my pigs have really tried to crawl underneath it, but I do have the hideys and tunnels strategically placed to help hold it down. Plus my fleece is made into a liner, which also helps hold everything together.

I didn't get a good shot with these photos, but on the left hand side of the cage I have an extra piece of fleece draped and clipped over the side. They do LOVE to take turns curling up in that spot. On colder evenings I sometimes just throw in a piece of fleece they can burrow in if they'd like.

The up-front cost of fleece can be a bit expensive, but in the long run I think it really saves money. One fleece pad for my 3x5 cage cost me about $30 to make. I made two so I can easily switch them on cleaning day ($30x2=$60). I needed 5 yards of fleece and one u-haul pad for each. Joann Fabrics often has really great sales, if you can catch one you can make a liner for even cheaper.

Are Ruby's eyes actually red or is that just a camera effect? Goose is adorable :).

Are Ruby's eyes actually red or is that just a camera effect? Goose is adorable :).

Ruby does have red/pink eyes. Strange thing is, the whole rest of her body is white except for her ears. Both her ears are half grey. The rescue said she was brought in with 3 brothers from an accidental pregnancy. They told me two of her brothers were himalayans, so she might get a bit more grey as she gets older.

Stella and Goose both have dark eyes, but the camera makes Stella's look red in the picture.

They are precious! I love your cage. I wish I could have a top level, but my cage doesn't allow for it. Do you sew your pad with a sewing machine? I wish I could make those too! :) I don't have a sewing machine. :(

Ruby does have red/pink eyes. Strange thing is, the whole rest of her body is white except for her ears. Both her ears are half grey. The rescue said she was brought in with 3 brothers from an accidental pregnancy. They told me two of her brothers were himalayans, so she might get a bit more grey as she gets older.

Stella and Goose both have dark eyes, but the camera makes Stella's look red in the picture.
I knew that Stella had dark eyes, but I suspected that Ruby was an albino (I heard there weren't any albino guinea pigs, and that they just had pink eyes and white fur as opposed to not having coloration, but saying pink eyed-white guinea pig sounds silly to me). I've hardly seen any Himalayan guinea pigs on the forum!

What Cuties!

I knew that Stella had dark eyes, but I suspected that Ruby was an albino (I heard there weren't any albino guinea pigs, and that they just had pink eyes and white fur as opposed to not having coloration, but saying pink eyed-white guinea pig sounds silly to me). I've hardly seen any Himalayan guinea pigs on the forum!

You're right about there being no such thing as an albino guinea pig, but I hate saying REW and PEW. I think it makes them sound like they have a disease or medical condition.

I think himalayans are adorable and wouldn't mind if Rudy did grey up some more. But, I love her regardless.

Here's a picture of a himalayan in case anyone is unsure. You don't see them too often.Action Shot - Photos Included

They are precious! I love your cage. I wish I could have a top level, but my cage doesn't allow for it. Do you sew your pad with a sewing machine? I wish I could make those too! :) I don't have a sewing machine. :(

My liners are sewn together. More accurately, my mom did them with her machine. She loves to sew and do crafty projects. I go over her house all the time and show her pictures of things and ask if she can re-create them.

Cute photos! I love those pink lips, too!

They look like they are having a blast! Is it hard to catch them in a 3 wide cage? I was thinking about expanding mine but wasn't sure I could catch them if they were in a back corner.

They look like they are having a blast! Is it hard to catch them in a 3 wide cage? I was thinking about expanding mine but wasn't sure I could catch them if they were in a back corner.

Originally my loft was 2x3 and that definately made it difficult to reach them in the back corner, but I don't have a problem with the 1x3 loft. I usually shoo them to the opposite end and can pretty easily reach all the way across.

If it helps, I'm between 5'7" and 5'8", plus my cage is on a homemade stand about 18" tall. With this combination it's not hard for me to reach the far side.

What's the difference between an American Short Hair and a himalayan?

My liners are sewn together. More accurately, my mom did them with her machine. She loves to sew and do crafty projects. I go over her house all the time and show her pictures of things and ask if she can re-create them.

Awesome!

What's the difference between an American Short Hair and a himalayan?
A Himalayan is white with a gray around its ears mouth and sometimes other parts. Himalayans also have red eyes, there are Himalayan cats,rabbits,guinea pigs and other animals and pets.

I have a white piggie with red eyes and saying albino and any other thing sort of sounds weird and mean. Her name is Marshmallow because she is really chubby and pregnant :/

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.