Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General About sitters?and other things

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
I am doing some reserch trying to find a sitter for my babies and was wondering what would be some good questions to ask before I hire them.
Trying to think of questions to filter the good ones from the bad.
I think found someone great for the job. The only exception is she said she
had them as a child a lot of things had changed since then.

Also I want to get a group photo of my piggies anyway on how to
get them to sit still for a couple of minutes to sit and be cute?

I had piggies when I was a little girl. In an aquarium, singly, on pine shavings, RARELY getting it out b/c 'it bit', I remember veggies were treats and I don't remember ever feeding them hay, just pellets (I could be wrong, I was 4 and 5). When I found this site I was blown away but inspired. I feel like I learned (and am learning) everything I need to know from everyone here so imagine what you can teach her in person! Have her come over a few times and watch/help you and then let her have a go at it (I wouldn't watch so she wasn't nervous) and then see how well she does. Offer to pay for her time if you need. (I've had potential child babysitters come over and care for my child while I busied myself in another room or out in the yard for an hour and paid them - it made me feel better).

If you figure out the picture deal, fill me in!!

well about the picture I know the piggies wont be able to sit still to take a cute
picture especially the younger ones I want a long and narrow
and in black and white. I guess I will use food

well about the picture I know the piggies wont be able to sit still to take a cute picture especially the younger ones I want a long and narrow and in black and white. I guess I will use have to use food as bait to get them to sit still it would still be cute

You could ask them questions about proper guinea pig care, such as:

How much hay/pellets/veggies should guinea pigs have daily?
Would/Should you feed their pet store treats?
Would/Should you spot clean their cage daily?
Would/Should you refill their water bottle daily?
What would you do if you have discovered that one of the guinea pigs has been injured?
What would you do if you found two guinea pigs fighting?

Etc.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.