Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

A thread link for the over 25 crowd.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Hey, I now just have something to look forward to when I turn 25.

Mrs.Smith

Cavy Slave

sophistacavy

Cavy Slave
I caved. Second Pm about not being able to get in.

Please let me know what you all think about a kid's forum.

T, I do not think that you need to do that to your forum. Creating a kids forum is ridiculous, that is what the groups are for. If they want to create a Zac Effron or Jonas Brothers group, let them do that, but I don't think you should have to listen to only two whiny pm's from kiddies so much as to change your forum.

I believe that you should do whatever the heck you want to do with it.

We shouldn't foster immaturity, however.

But, if you do make a kids forum, can you make an age limit for that too (like 17 and under)? I may be the only one, but I do not want to have that visible to me. I'm 18, and I'm frankly sick of immature usuage of the English language (everywhere). Enough of that is on the regular forums on here, from people too immature to read the rules.

Well, I said my two cents. :)

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Yeah, you're right.

pigsmakemesmile

Cavy Slave
I'm for it!!!!

Amsley246

Cavy Slave
T, I do not think that you need to do that to your forum. Creating a kids forum is ridiculous, that is what the groups are for. If they want to create a Zac Effron or Jonas Brothers group, let them do that, but I don't think you should have to listen to only two whiny pm's from kiddies so much as to change your forum.

I believe that you should do whatever the heck you want to do with it.

We shouldn't foster immaturity, however.

But, if you do make a kids forum, can you make an age limit for that too (like 17 and under)? I may be the only one, but I do not want to have that visible to me. I'm 18, and I'm frankly sick of immature usuage of the English language (everywhere). Enough of that is on the regular forums on here, from people too immature to read the rules.

Well, I said my two cents. :)

I agree, I think it's kind of pointless. You can't please the world, and everyone is just going to whine and want more and more. It would just be exhausting. I don't understand why some people are whinning about it, yet we have the thread for those would are cavy stars and champions and no one says a word. Of course those are for people how took the time to donate so I think something like that is great, like an extra little reward.

Honestly T, coming from an under-25er, take this thread idea and run with it. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise, it just shows how right the idea is and how some people can't come to terms with it. Good luck!

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
The other concern I would have with a kids forum is that you're likely to end up with a lot of the "how do I guilt my parents into buying me another guinea pig?!" type questions in there. Those are questions that need moderation, if not by the actual mods (who have better things to do, I'm sure!) then at least by mature adults (many of us are parents of kids that age).

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Also, if you had a minors' only forum, all someone would have to do to tip off the fact that they were a minor is mention on the main part of the board a thread which didn't appear on the main part of the board! I don't suppose you really want to have to have mods on the lookout for that kind of "oops" in addition to the more obvious infractions.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Yeah. I already decided against a kid's forum. Thanks. And I'm really liking having an old folks forum!

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
I'm really liking having an old folks forum!
I'd probably spend more time on it, but my lumbago is really acting up.

I've got to take a break now, in fact. My dentures are slipping and it's time for the nap I take before heading to the Early Bird dinner special.

;)

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'd probably spend more time on it, but my lumbago is really acting up.

I've got to take a break now, in fact. My dentures are slipping and it's time for the nap I take before heading to the Early Bird dinner special.

;)

Thanks for letting us know, although it took me a while to find my reading glasses. I'll see you there! lol

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I'm glad there will be no kiddie forum. I stay busy enough on the boards without having to go moderate another new forum.

If you guys only knew how much stuff we mods do that you don't see.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.