Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

A thread link for the over 25 crowd.

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
Have we ever discussed any further creating a "over 25" thread link? I have been reading through some of the threads, and it occured to me that I would really enjoy a thread with an older group of people-no offense intended to the younger members here.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm up for it. I would envision a sub-forum in General Chat for the over 25ers? I know we get a lot of push back from people who say we have some very mature kids, some more mature than adults, but none-the-less, I also would appreciate a real adults-only section. Drawing the line at 25, while arbitrary, seems reasonable to me.

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
I know I would as well. I've been tempted to comment here and there on a few threads but have decided againist it because there are just some topics, especially sensitive ones that can be discussed and debated very differently (and hopefully more calmly) with an older audience.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I'm totally for it too!

Perhaps we could exercise our piglocratic right and vote on it somehow?

ETA: I mean a vote for the over 25-ers to see how many would be in favor or against a separate sub-forum just for this purpose.

pringles70

Cavy Slave
I'm up for it, but how do you go about keeping out those under the age limit that is set?

Teresa

Cavy Slave
I'm working on it.

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
I would be all about it. The kids have a lot to contribute, but sometimes it would be handy to have a forum that's just adults.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Done! There is now a forum--a sub-forum of this one--called Mature Adult Chat. You will ONLY SEE IT if you are 25 or over. There are quite a few members who registered a number of years ago who do not have a year in their birthdate. They will not see it either. They can edit their birthday--once--to add their birthdate. Once it's there, it cannot be changed, except by a moderator.

So, pretty much bottom line, since someone UNDER 25 won't even see the forum, there shouldn't be a rush to abuse the birthdate field.

If you are 25 or OVER and you cannot see the forum, please PM myself or a mod with some kind of proof of your age and we will fix your birthdate if necessary.

lissie

Administrator
Cavy Gazer
So, pretty much bottom line, since someone UNDER 25 won't even see the forum, there shouldn't be a rush to abuse the birthdate field.

What if they are reading this thread and go about registering another account with different birthdate?

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
What if they are reading this thread and go about registering another account with different birthdate?

They'd be banned pretty quick. We have ways of automatically finding duplicate accounts. It's very much AGAINST our terms of service.

pringles70

Cavy Slave
Where is this sub forum at? I'm old enough to see it but I don't.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
If you go into the Cafe Forum, it's listed at the very top of the Cafe forum.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Just wanted to say I think it's a really great idea, whoever came up with it.

Thanks to all!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
It's now a main forum. Again, you can only see it if you are 25 or older. Sorry younger dudes. Age has to have some benefits! :)

Mrs.Smith

Cavy Slave
I'm not 25 or older, but I'm for it. And I can see it coming in handy for the older adults. Have fun guys and girls. :D

erikahand83

Cavy Slave
I think this is a great idea. I would love to an adult conversation considering I live with a 3 year old and a 5 year old, I love my kids but conversations with them can be frustrating with them at times.

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
I think the idea of the forum is great but quite frankly don't understand the 25 cutoff. I think that if you are creating a forum for adults, it should be for just that, adults. 21 and up is considered a full "adult" so why should anyone between those two ages be exempt?

sophistacavy

Cavy Slave
I think the idea of the forum is great but quite frankly don't understand the 25 cutoff. I think that if you are creating a forum for adults, it should be for just that, adults. 21 and up is considered a full "adult" so why should anyone between those two ages be exempt?

Seriously. I mean, I'm 18 (by law an adult), so I wouldn't get in anyways, but if you're old enough to drink, then......L0L.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Nope sorry. I'd make it higher not lower. It's not about being a technical adult. It's about trying to find a more mature experience of the world--and I do mean experience. Like I said before, it's arbitrary, but I'm definitely not going to lower it. I know we'll miss out on a few people who are quite mature for their age, but this is the way I want it.

If I were picking the age before it was suggested, I'd of picked 30. :) 25 is a compromise for me.

Toadies

Cavy Slave
I think that it's a very good idea and CS, you're too kind. I would have said 35.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.