Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

A rescue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave
craig51, I think it is time for you to stop responding. After all, you claim you do not have time for VoodooJoint, yet you keep replying. You also castigate others for posts "with no actual positive input", yet all you do is complain that either people don't understand or you're not misunderstood.

I am also wondering who in their right mind would pay you for your badly formatted, ineffective attempts at persuasive writing.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Well if you are on a board and don't know what a tag is, then yes, I feel very much for your system admin.

A tag is anything with a square bracket around it, like this:[] You keep opening quote tags and not closing them, thus messing up the formatting of your posts.

As for you making statements that seem like you are misunderstood you keep saying stuff like this
Did I ever say you were asking that?

You accuse us of being negative, yet you seem proud to make negative posts. Is it ok when you do it and not when we do?

craig51

Cavy Slave
WEAVER said:
Does anyone not relieze what the thread started off as . . .someone just wanted to know if she rescued. Now I think she understands there are many different ways to view what a "rescue" really is. I think this thread is becoming imature and ruthless. We all need to remember that we are on this forum for the well-being of the animals. For whatever reason, I do believe everyone on here has the animals best interest at heart. I think this is just one of those times we all need to learn to agree to disagree on the "term" rescue.

Thats exactly right. She removed an animal from danger, so as far as I am concerned, its a rescue. Just because I may have a different view, does not mean I wont voice it.

I have stated on numerous occasions, that I fully agree with the demand/supply situation, I don't think anyone does disagree, however I have very succesfully made everyone think about the meaning of the word, have I not. Some agree it was a rescue, some agree it wasn't.

I would hardly call that, as one member so delicately put it as "nonsense".

craig51

Cavy Slave
Sabriel said:
Well if you are on a board and don't know what a tag is, then yes, I feel very much for your system admin.

A tag is anything with a square bracket around it, like this:[] You keep opening quote tags and not closing them, thus messing up the formatting of your posts.

As for you making statements that seem like you are misunderstood you keep saying stuff like this

You accuse us of being negative, yet you seem proud to make negative posts. Is it ok when you do it and not when we do?

I think I made perhaps two negative posts, why don;t you count how many negatives ones I received. I didnt not start it!

Tags have nothing to do with the use of a computer. Forgive me for not being as well adversed as you are when it comes to the use of forums. Again, the majority of my posts are well formatted.

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave
Now you retract your earlier, stronger claims as if none of us can read the previous page or remember what you said? You aim to recast yourself as the voice of reason after spending how many posts insisting, without proof, that a dictionary definition was a "fact" and that pasting it in and bolding parts of it was "proof" of something or other, you were never quite clear. Now you say that you were simply making people think? Hey, guess what: we can think without you. You're not indispensible to our mental processes. You're just annoying and truculent.

PS--this is hilarious:
I think I made perhaps two negative posts, why don;t you count how many negatives ones I received. I didnt not start it!

Tags have nothing to do with the use of a computer. [except, of course, that they are how you format things on a computer--ed.] Forgive me for not being as well adversed as you are when it comes to the use of forums. Again, the majority of my posts are well formatted.[blatant lie--ed.]

I feel so sorry for your editor at work.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
Criag, I do understand where you were going when you first replied to the post. As I answered also in my first post back to her, I also would consider it a rescue seeing the end result was EVERY animal was taken out of the situation and the place was closed. I can see the point you are trying to make about the "term" rescue and I can see you do try and make a effort to support adoption. I really think though that the point you are trying to make is made in your previous posts. I think now that you are getting into these "heated" disbutes you are losing the importance of what you orginally said.

craig51

Cavy Slave
Now you retract your earlier, stronger claims as if none of us can read the previous page or remember what you said?

What have I retracted?

You aim to recast yourself as the voice of reason after spending how many posts insisting, without proof,

Proof my dear, was a dictionary.

that a dictionary definition was a "fact"

If it's not fact, what is it, made up?

and that pasting it in and bolding parts of it was "proof" of something or other, you were never quite clear.

I did not modify any part of it. The way you see it, is the way its written in the online dictionary, that way, I cant be accused of changing it to meet my own goals.

Now you say that you were simply making people think? Hey, guess what: we can think without you.

Never said you couldn't and I would hope not. However, as there was a debate, people have thought about it.

You're not indispensible to our mental processes. You're just annoying and truculent.

Again, another petty, childish comment from someone who should know a lot better. Grow up. When did I ever personally attack you?

Weaver, I agree, I am not going to slump to the low childish levels.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Well if you can't use basic programming skills (opening and closing commands was the first thing I learned in my general computer course in high school) how ever can you contend with the rubix cube like activity that is getting a computer running Windows to behave?

Hansel

Cavy Slave
"If it's not fact, what is it, made up?".

Its NOT made up but it IS open to interpretation.

craig51

Cavy Slave
Sabriel said:
Well if you can't use basic programming skills (opening and closing commands was the first thing I learned in my general computer course in high school) how ever can you contend with the rubix cube like activity that is getting a computer running Windows to behave?

Did not know you were such an expert. Tell me Mrs I know it all so will make someone look small, whats the easiest, fastest way to format a hard drive and then re-partition it?

Grow up.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
craig51 said:
I didnt not start it!
The 2 negatives in a double negative cancel each other out don't they? So, by this textbook logic, doesn't the above statement mean that he DID indeed start it?

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I haven't had to format my iBook since I got it. I did have to reformat my stupid Windows machine several times way back when. Format c:/ usually did the trick for me. That was after the long grueling task of backing up all my files.

The trick is making it so you don't have to reformat. That way you don't have to keep calling Microsoft for another stupid confermation code. Unless of course you are running something really old, like '98. Then reformat away, it's your own time you are wasting.

By the way, quizing people on thier computer knowledge is as you put it "not productive", it is also very childish. Why don't you grow up?

craig51

Cavy Slave
Hi Percys Mon, what a surprise, a mod.

What does "uncrdible" mean?

craig51

Cavy Slave
Sabriel said:
I haven't had to format my iBook since I got it. I did have to reformat my stupid Windows machine several times way back when. Format c:/ usually did the trick for me. That was after the long grueling task of backing up all my files.

The trick is making it so you don't have to reformat. That way you don't have to keep calling Microsoft for another stupid confermation code. Unless of course you are running something really old, like '98. Then reformat away, it's your own time you are wasting.

By the way, quizing people on thier computer knowledge is as you put it "not productive", it is also very childish. Why don't you grow up?

I thought I had to lower myself to your level, fight fire with fire. And yes, quizzing people on computer knowledge is not constructive, so why did you do it?

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I never quized you. I instructed you on the proper use of the codes used on this forum. Much more useful

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave
Language is a consensus. Have you missed that? The dictionary definition was written by some chump at a desk with, most likely, no animal rescue experience, trying to use words to put his semantic component on paper. Then his editor modified it, then they had some meetings, then they had some other meetings, and finally they had included all they felt was relevant and/or pared it down to the least common denominator. It's not some fact empirically proven the way you can empirically show that apples released a few feet above the earth's surface fall towards said surface. It's not some kind of authority that you can appeal to, as if appeals to authority weren't logical fallacies.

And you don't have to personally attack me for me to have an opinion on your (lack of) debate technique.

Now, I will ask you nicely once again to stop flailing at everyone. If you had a valid point to begin with, it has been totally obscured by your whining, insistence that we are "abusing" you, carping about "negative posts", and claims that you are not "sinking to" our "level". Oh, and your terrible formatting doesn't help.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
craig51 said:
What does "uncrdible" mean?
It means that there was a typo in one of my posts. My apologies dear craig. If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to go through all of yours and make a very long list of every instance of mispelling and mispunctuation.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I find that in the quest for a "pocket dictionary" that really doesn't fit in any known size of pocket, they leave out a lot. The only dictionary with the room for a decent amount of meanings, not just the first 2-4 common ones was my grandmother's ancient dictionary that was the size of 2 telephone books. But they decided to cram more words in instead. Go fig.

craig51

Cavy Slave
Percy's Mom said:
The 2 negatives in a double negative cancel each other out don't they? So, by this textbook logic, doesn't the above statement mean that he DID indeed start it?

I thought you had already started?

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave
This thread has been closed until the posts comprising The Craig51 Trainwreck can be excised.

Status
Not open for further replies.