Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding 8 week old guinea pig and 1 year old guinea pig .

CalypsoJade

Cavy Slave
So I put the baby guinea pig (Calypso Jade) in with my one year old (Coco), they seem to get along, but Coco keeps chasing Calypso away from the water bottle and food. And keeps booting her out of her house. Calypso has been running around playing, while Coco has been laying in the house for awhile now. She looks so sad... Could it be that she doesn't like Calypso? Or is she just missing Cassie (Cagemate that passed a few weeks ago)?

onefutui2e

Cavy Slave
You should check this link out:

http://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html

Also, my thread (on this page) details some of the harrowing experiences I went through introducing two guinea pigs together. What you described sounds pretty normal (and benign, based on my experiences).

However, since you already introduced them to each other and they seem to get along, you probably don't need to go through the whole process. So what I'd do (based on what I noticed and what others told me):

1. Remove all hideys from the cage; they're just invitations to squabble.
2. Double up on resources; set aside another pile of hay, another food bowl, and another water bottle.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.