Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet 7 year old sweet pea having neurological issues

firefox1980

Cavy Gazer
Hello,

For the past few weeks my girl has been having some weird eye and head movement. When she is running around acting fine(other the URI Im treating her for) her head starts to go to the left and then come back center. Her eyes do this as well. I think I saved her once by searching what to do for a heat stroke in piggies I have since been doing that each attack she has. they are up to a few times a week now. Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated. I know shes getting up there now. She is my little trooper and my first piggy. Thanks

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
You said she's being treated for a URI - have you asked the vet about the behavior? I also have an older pig (vet estimated to be 5 to 6 yrs old last year) who has a head tilt and his head moves to the side of his head tilt. When he tries to center his head, it goes back to the side. At least for my pig, it doesn't bother him and it's nothing concerning.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.