Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

61*! close enough??

Silverwind

Cavy Slave
It 61 degrees close enough to take my piggies out to play in the yard?

It depends. It's around that temp here but it's overcast and windy and feels cold. Don't forget the ground might be colder than the air.

If its sunny and feels warm I will take my pigs out at 60 degrees. If its windy or feels cold I will not.

Its a little windy but sunny and feels warm. the gound wasnt col-I was sitting inthe grass. I made them a 4*4 grid pen and for about 40 minuteS they crawlwed through and nibbled the grass and sniffed the air. it was super cute! Then they went into their pigloo and didnt come back out, so I figured they were done and brought them inside :)

I wrap plastic around the grids so they don't get the wind - it's a cheap sunroom with grass. I'll take a towel out and dry the grass off some days too, which probably makes the neighbour think I'm nuts, but it doesn't dry till after lunch otherwise.

I'll take a towel out and dry the grass off some days too, which probably makes the neighbour think I'm nuts

LOL. I had a friend tell me her son was out back with the leaf blower after it rained. She asked him what he was doing, and he said "The dog won't come out and go potty on wet grass, so I'm drying it."

I think that's very thoughtful! My neighbors know I'm nuts, and it's OK. Every time one of their pets gets hurt they come running to me. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.