Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General 3 weeks old babies

iugin

Cavy Slave
Hello guys.At wednesday babies will be 3 weeks old.I am thinking to separate them from today.They are eating everything now and drinking water from the bottle.Are they to young to give them for adoption?I will take them to the vet tommorow to be sure about the sex.I am saying they are boars but i am not a 100% possitive.

Are they showing any signs of humping their mom, or each other? If so, then you should seperate them now. If not, then it'd be best to wait, so they can get all the nutrition from mom's milk. It might be a good idea to seperate them slowly, put them in their new cage for an hour or two today, then a few more tomorrow, until you completely move them.

They try to mount each other not the mother nor the aunt,i think they are very big for.Just each other and then they run and jump!

You need to separate them now, or a back to back pregnancy will occur soon. Do not wait until you see mounting as it will be far too late. If they are boys, there is a risk of them impregnating both the mother & aunt now at 3 weeks.

There is no reason to slowly separate, as this will make it much more traumatic & stressful being separated & re-introduced. The mother's milk is not needed anymore, especially not as guinea pigs are able to eat normal food from the time they are born.

If they are not both boys and they are boy-girl is it possible that she will be pregrant or is she to young?they are both mature?

No I don't think that is a risk at the moment, while boys can be sexually mature as early as 3 weeks, girls mature a week later at 4 weeks. These are also just recommended times to separate as some pigs do mature early.

Sorry if I came across as harsh, I just wanted to reply quickly as other replies were incorrect.

I separated them,they are in theire cage now.

thank you hannibal,maybe your quickness (?) prevent a pregrancy!Thanks :)

Good luck tomorrow! If any doubt from you or the vet, get a second opinion or upload pictures here.

Oh God my ears..I am gone be deaf by tommorow...SQUEAK SQUEAK!!!!ouch!!!!!

Are they calling for the mother/aunt? I had the same issue when I had to separate my bonded girls due to surgery. Once they realized they were in the same room, they wouldn't stop screaming for a good 3 hours. :expressio Unfortunately that room was my bedroom, and it was 2am in the morning.

They've got each other & will be okay.

Yes i think thats why they squeking!Now they are the house!Just a little nervous as i can hear!
I can feel you about the room.We are all together in my bedroom!This is not a room, is a farm!4 piggies,1 dog and 2 fishes!!My dog is stearing at me with desperation in his eyes as the scream!!!

LOL, OMG iugin! You poor woman! :D You can do it, they'll settle down. But maybe you want to move them out of your bedroom and get some earplugs for a few days! (and some for the dog, too!)

Oh dear God...Oh..my head is going to expode in a while..All night they kept going..SQUEAK SQUEAK.I was thinking what the heck they are going to be tired but NO!!!They are never tired!!!And when i got up and opened the windows,they stop and start eating!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have the dad? If so, I would put the boys in with him. Tomorrow you are taking them to the vet?

No I don't have the dad.When I took her she was allready pregnant.Yes tommorow I will take them,I hope he will tell me the sex 100%.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.