Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fighting 3 Adult Boars

ihave4bRATS

Cavy Gazer
I’ve had these three together since they were babies and now they have to be 3+. Orville and Wilbur were drawing blood from each other so Orville got placed in a separate cage that is directly next to the original cage. I want to reintroduce him because I truly believe that the three would be happiest together, especially if I can get an even larger cage, but the issue now is that Wilbur and Edison have been arguing. Dominance stuff, no blood, but loud and constant. Please help!!!! I just want my piggies to be happy.

Attachments

20231119_104258.jpeg
The short answer? No. For whatever unknown reason, three boars will not work. Very, very rarely does it work out and most often its seen in older, very laid back boars. I have tried it myself with a senior pig, and two babies. It was perfect for about six months, until the babies hit puberty. Then the larger of the babies began to pick on the senior mercilessly and they were permanently separated.

Your best option is to get a friend for the lone pig, and keep them in a completely separate enclosure for themselves. You could also do what I did, and keep the single pig in a cage directly connected to the others so they can seen, hear and smell each other. That worked for me, but it also has it's drawbacks.